25

eve

swiping the lipgloss over my lips, i rub my lips together as i breathe in deeply, taking a step back to glance at my outfit. i adjust the hem of my black satin dress, my palms feeling clammy from the nervousness soaring inside of my body as my heart feels like it is going pound out of my chest. harry explained in a message i need to 'dress nice' and he'll come pick me up from mine at 7, so i have no idea what is happening or where we are going.  i fiddle with the straps of my shoes for what feels like 5 minutes, struggling to clasp them as a result of my shaky fingertips. "fuck." i whisper to myself as i hear a knock on my door. my shoes clatter along the wooden floor as i race to my front door, taking a deep breath in as i'm greeted by a grinning harry.

"hello." his eyes instantly roam my body as i open the door wide.

"hi." i smile, gesturing for him to come in as he hands me a bouquet of flowers which was hidden behind his back. "fuck off!" i exclaim, taking them in my hands as i stare down at them, "you didn't have to." i look back up at him, beaming.

"shut up. do you like them? is it too much?" he awkwardly responds, anxiously running his fingers through his hair.

"they're lovely," i grab a vase from my cupboard, "you didn't have to buy me them that's all."

"well i wanted to." he shrugs his shoulders as i catch a twinkle in his eye.

"well, thank you harry." i look back up at him after placing them into a vase of water, uncontrollably smiling as i walk towards him and cup his face with my hands. "i appreciate it." i bring his face to meet my own, placing a delicate kiss upon his lips.

"you're welcome." we make eye contact for a moment, finding myself lost in his blue eyes like the first time we met. though the club was dark, i felt enticed to him.

"i'll erm," i point to my room, "i'll be back in a minute. just need to get my bag and jacket."

"alright." i quickly walk away, my cheeks already hurting from the continuous smiling yet i still shake from nerves. gathering everything i need, i throw them into my bag and throw my jacket over my shoulder as i take one last glimpse at myself, adjusting the hem of my dress as i take in a deep breath, trying to tell myself i'm making the right decision here.

"i'm back." i greet him with a soft smile awkwardly awaits on the edge of my sofa, non-stop staring at me whilst i stand in front of him. he slowly stands up before me, adjusting his white shirt. i stand back slightly, taking in the boy before me, a shirt, trousers, nice shoes - he's gone all out and i find myself falling all over again even though the feelings have not stopped. "you look nice." i grin.

"don't look too bad yourself." he caresses my cheek, leaning down to press a soft kiss on my forehead as he pulls away, we instantly grin at one another. "come on, uber's nearly here." he ushers me out of the door.

i step out of the car to find ourselves stood outside of a fancy restaurant, one i instantly recognise from one of our anniversary dates. i instantly smile at him as he places a light hand on the small of my back, both of us walking inside and we are sat at our reserved table. i receive the pink gin and tonic i asked for whilst harry gets a glass of wine, both of us smiling at one another as we wait for our food. "this is nice." i hum, taking a sip of my drink.

"yeah, it is." he nods in agreement, "it's really nice."

"doesn't feel any different." i shrug my shoulders, glancing down at the flickering candle between us. "feel's good." i hum, reaching for my drink as i glance at the waitress carrying over our food.

we instantly tuck into our food, conversation naturally flowing as we have some form of 'catch up' without the discussion of feelings, the bad things and everything that went wrong and find ourselves ordering more drinks. i sip on another cocktail, finally finishing my food as i look up to him, "that was so good." i lean back slightly, pressing a hand onto my stomach as he chuckles.