22

harry

watching her leave the bar, i slump back into the seat, definitely feeling a buzz from the alcohol yet my mind still races. "i didn't mean to upset her." ethan sighs, looking at everyone.

"no i know, it just felt good to not think about that situation." i shrug, sipping at my pint.

"so you've spoke about it?" lux questions me.

"yeah, uh. kinda." i respond awkwardly, not really knowing if we had or not. because although i knew about it, we didn't come to a compromise and i left her in the middle of the street. "well, she admitted to it, but like, how am i supposed to feel about that?"

"definitely a rebound." mia looks at me, everyone nodding in agreement, "she still loves you. it's so obvious." she sighs, "i hate that you hurt her, but she can't control her feelings."

"yeah," i breathe in deeply, "but i still love her." i shrug.

"so do something about it?" gee cocks an eyebrow, staring straight at me.

"yeah, mate you both still love each other, you've both clearly matured." raising his eyebrows at me, ethan brings his drink to his lips and takes a sip.

"i don't know." i shrug my shoulders, debating with myself as to where to go from here.

"harry, i've never seen two people so sad in my life for so many months," lux glances at me, "this whole cal thing, it ain't deep. you even know it yourself."

"b - but," i stutter, "but i just don't want to hurt her again."

"if you love her, you won't. you seemed so happy with each other tonight, you've both grown as people. just talk to her, properly." mia says, all eyes now on me, wanting me to make a decision right now. and i do. i gulp down my drink in front of them, wiping the foam away from my lips as i stand up from the seat and throw my jacket on.

"well, i'll see you boys later." i wave to everyone, quickly leaving the bar, struggling to judge where my feet should go as a result of the alcohol, my balance completely off as i stand outside attempting to book an uber.

once it arrives, an intense feeling grows inside of me, but i can't quite explain it. love, anger, sadness all rolled into one as i head towards her flat, somewhere i haven't been in a very long time. i immediately feel sick as i slowly step out of the uber, my stomach churning due to a mix of alcohol and anxiety as i nervously step into the building. i race up to her door, lightly knocking on it, not wanting to fear her at this hour. she answers, wrapped up in her dressing gown, her makeup removed, hair thrown into an awful messy bun which plasters a smirk across my lips.

"harry?" she steps back slightly with a puzzled expression, "come - come in." she gestures inside, having trouble standing still from the many drinks and shots consumed.

"i just wanna talk." i mutter, walking into the flat. nothing has changed, it still takes on a minimalist vibe, still using the coconut and vanilla candles i bought and the fact she still buys them because of me. shuffling to her sofa, she sits down as i close the door behind me, staring straight up at me. "i'm just so sorry for everything." i blurt out, waving my hands in the air.

"i know, harry." she softly smiles, nodding at me.

"no, no. i genuinely am," i begin to rant, walking over to sit next to her, "i'm sorry, nothing i have done is okay, i was a shitty boyfriend, a shitty person after the break up."

"harry," she reaches out to take my hand in her own, caressing my hands with her soft ones, "i know. and i'm so sorry too, for everything, the accusations, the arguments, being pathetic and moody, sleeping with your best friend. we've both made mistakes."

"i just miss the days when we could laugh and joke around, chilling right here," i glance around me reminiscing on the past, "when you'd make breakfast in the kitchen and i'd cuddle you from behind. just the silly things." i mutter, locking eyes with her. she slowly lets go of my hand, nodding in agreement.

"me too." she softly smiles.

"you're just unpredictable sometimes," i slowly grin, "you'd just go off like a gun, no holding back and i guess sometimes i would see what you said as meaningless and i apologise."

"i know, our relationship was just fine." she sighs, "before the arguments, anyways. they were so frequent and draining, we were on the ropes." she gulps audibly, tears filling up in her eyes. "sorry." she chuckles slightly, wiping away the ones that fall.

"it's okay," i reach out to wipe her cheek with my thumb, "i showed time and time again i care about you even after you were so convinced i didn't."

"i know, i know, i'm sorry." she sobs, "i'm an idiot."

"i am too." i smile softly, watching the tears drip down her bare face, trying to stop them. i've learnt more lessons than i was capable of recognising, she taught me how to love and i learnt how to take the pain thrown at me during and after our relationship and now i have grown and learnt how to love myself again after all that time of relying on eve to do so. but now we have matured and i'm ready to love again, even though that love has never changed.

"you can do better than me though, you've proved it." she huffs, turning away from me.

"what do you mean?"

"well these other girls, they're just everything i'm not."

"no, no, eve." i cry out, placing a hand on her leg, "don't compare yourself to them."

"how can i not?" she questions shakily.

"because you're perfect." i breathe in deeply, answering her under my breath. her head turns to look at me, our eyes lock for a moment, i take in how beautiful she is, how much i have missed moments like this, her touch, her scent, her appearance, even when she looks exhausted or sad. to me, she has no flaws. there is nothing i could fault about this girl. 

"i hate how much i love you." she whispers as i bring a hand to caress her cheek. the weight of her head rests softly into my hand, fluttering her eyes shut as my body remains warm from the liquor.

"i hate how much i hurt you." i stare at her sympathetically, softly stroking her cheek, trying to resist the urge to cry. slowly opening her eyes, she takes in a deep breath as she gazes up at me.

"even after all the arguments, the pain, the heartache. i love you." she sighs, bringing her hand up to my cheek, copying my actions.

"i love you too." i inhale deeply.

"i guess it shows you're the one for me." though i know it's the alcohol speaking for her, being drunk only lets out the truth.

"maybe." i whisper, our faces inching closer. my breath hitches in my throat as her warm breath waves across my face, the faint scent of alcohol still remains. i slowly bring my lips to delicately meet hers, kissing with such intensity it felt as though we were still together, a clear indication i have never been able to get over her. my heart skips a beat, claiming her mouth again only brings back memories, making me excited for everything that could potentially be good between us if we did get back together. our movements became much more passionate, she began to tug on the edge of my shirt as my finger tips move ever so slowly up the smooth skin of her thigh.

"i've missed this." she mutters between kisses, moving her hand to rip off her dressing gown, leaving her in an oversized t-shirt.

"me too." i cup her face with both hands, pulling back for a moment to appreciate her beauty.

"stop." she teases, bringing my lips to meet hers once again, butterflies fluttering around my stomach from her taste. scrambling on top of me, she places her legs on each side of her body, not breaking the kiss once as she snakes her arms around my neck. my hands find their way to her waist, gripping it tightly as she tugs on my hair every so often. moving from her lips to her jaw, i place soft kisses against it, down to her neck as she moans out in pleasure causing me to smirk against her skin. "come - come to my room." she stumbles over her words. i pull back slightly as she looks down at me, her finger tips stroking the back of my head.

"are you sure?" i furrow my eyebrows at her.

"of course i am."

a/n
the story is probably just gonna be cute and soppy from here onwards