28

harry

i glance at eve, swiftly walking to the kitchen after downing yet another glass of wine. i can sense something is bothering her, but she won't let me figure out what. staring at her intently, she once again pours the beverage into her glass, taking a large gulp of it before stumbling over to us. a soft smile forms upon my lips as she gazes up at me, gripping the glass between her fingers. i bite my tongue, knowing how frustrated she will get if i ask her the question everyone has been asking tonight, but i know she isn't okay. she's tense, nervous and definitely not acting like herself.

she wanders over to freya and josh and i remain where i am, leaning against the wall, staring at her. not in a controlling or toxic way, in a way that i care about her and i know she is not okay right now, i'm trying to figure out the problem. i glare at her standing awkwardly, barely muttering a word, just holding the glass to her lips with an arm folded over her chest, staring up at everyone. cocking my head, i let out a sigh, not knowing what to do. i don't want to appear overbearing when we have only been back together for a day, but i cannot carry on watching her like this. "you alright?" cal catches my attention.

"yeah mate, you?"

"yeah, i'm fine. but you don't seem to be." he raises his eyebrows, my focus still remaining on eve and his eyes follow to the same direction as mine. "is she okay?"

"she doesn't seem it does she." i sigh, now looking to my best friend.

"nah, not really." she shakes his head, now looking at me. "what do you think it is?"

"what if -" i pause, taking in a deep breath, "what if she thinks she has made a mistake, you know? getting back with me."

"nah, it won't be." he places a hand on my shoulder, offering me a sympathetic smile.

"but what if it is? like what if she can't trust me again. i know i wasn't perfect when we were last together, but i want to try." i exhale, anxiously scratching my chest.

"harry, brother. she knows this, come on, neither of you were perfect and you've realised that. you can only improve from here, this is your fresh start."

"but what if she doesn't see it like that?" i panic, "like she's realised i'm not what she wants."

"but you are what she wants!" he emphasises, "come on, i know better than anyone here. you're all that she has wanted."

"but - but what if -"

"harry," he cuts me off, "stop it." he pushes me towards the kitchen, my body resting against the counter, but my head remains in her direction. cal pulls out a bottle of sambuca, pouring out two shots. "come on." he shoves the shot between my fingers and i instantly pour the liquor down my throat, still gazing at eve.

"just worried." i murmur, placing the empty shot glass down and now turn to cal.

"you need to stop worrying, things happen for a reason lad." i weakly smile at him, both of us walking over to simon, ethan and lux.

"you alright?" simon asks, furrowing his eyebrows. i'm suddenly beginning to understand eve's frustration with that question. i simply nod my head in response, taking a swig of my beer.

"we're happy for you, you know?" ethan smiles at me, the rest of the boys nodding in agreement.

"i know." i sigh.

"no, seriously." lux looks at me, "can see how different you both are. you've matured a lot harry, i know, hard to believe!" he exclaims, laughing, "i mean you do still rage at fifa and throw your chair about, but when it comes to eve, you definitely have."