Spacewomen Part Two

A/N: My mom threatened to have me sectioned then hit me with her slipper >:(

Also, I forgot to update y'all! I had my rona test and I'm fine hehe

Deciding whether to do a part three for this, idk yet

So, anyways, so this is part two to my spacewomen ficlet

Enjoy

MOVIEVERSE

oOoOoOo

Claire smiled in delight. It had been a long, long time since another peculiar had visited their loop! The others would be so excited to meet these women. Claire almost wanted to ask what their peculiarities were, but Miss P had always told her and the others that it was rude to ask people what made them peculiar. Unless they wanted to share or it was as obvious as Millard being invisible, she shouldn't ask.

Still, she grabbed the Doctor's hand with hers and offered her a sweet.

"They're rhubarb and custard," she told the woman with a smile.

"Oh! My favourite!" The Doctor exclaimed then took one and popped it into her mouth. "Delicious!"

Claire looked at the Twins and giggled.

"Do you want to come back to our house? I'm sure Miss P and the others would love to meet you. It's been ages since another peculiar has visited us," Claire let her annoyance at that fact show with a pout.

"We'd love to," River said, her dark red lips quirking up into a warm smile.

"Really? Let's go!" Claire gushed and began dragging the Doctor down the path, away from her strange Police Box and towards the children's home.

Behind them, Claire heard the Twins pulling River along with them.

"This 'Miss P', who is she?" The Doctor asked as Claire led her and River back to the house.

"Miss Peregrine," Claire said, as if it were obvious. Well, surely it was obvious. Every peculiar knew Miss Peregrine, she was the best ymbryne in the whole world!

"Right, of course," the Doctor chuckled, "and she's, what, your guardian?"

"She's our ymbryne!" Claire said proudly. "And she's the best ymbryne ever."

After that, the Doctor didn't ask any more questions about Miss P or even the other children, content to simply learn more about the island and Claire and the Twins. What they liked to do in their free time, for example, or what their favourite food was.

Claire didn't mind, she was simply happy to have made more friends. And they were peculiar too! They wouldn't even forget about her when the loop reset, like the girl who lived above the grocery shop.

After another fifteen or so minutes, Claire and the others arrived at the usual entrance to the loop.

"It's through here," she told the Doctor and River. The Twins chittered happily either side of River.

"The children's home?" River asked.

"Yep," Claire confirmed, "Miss P had to choose the entrance carefully in case anyone bad found us."

River and the Doctor shared a look for a brief moment before Claire realised they weren't going to say anything else and decided to lead them through the loop entrance.

Despite having gone through the entrance many times before, Claire still found herself stumbling on a small hidden pebble that she didn't notice in the dark. The Doctor managed to steady her before she made it to the floor, to which Claire gratefully thanked her.

Soon enough, they came out on the other side of the loop entrance and the children's home could be seen on the other side of the garden.

Claire took the Doctor's hand again and took her and the others towards the pebble path that lead to the front door of the large house.

"The garden is lovely," the Doctor commented, admiring the many plants, "these plants are amazing."

"Fiona grew them, she's really good," Claire said.

When they reached the door, Claire didn't even need to open it for it was already swinging open with Miss Peregrine stood in the doorway, eyes sharp, and pocket watch in her hand. Enoch and Emma stood just over her shoulder.

"Claire, Twins, you're four and half minutes late," Miss Peregrine looked up from her watch, "and who are these women?"

Claire gulped guiltily.

"This is the Doctor and River Song, Miss," Claire informed her.

"The Doctor?" Miss Peregrine's brows furrowed worriedly. "But no one is ill. Were you hurt on the way to the sweet shop?"

"No, Miss, but they're peculiar!" Claire exclaimed, her smile quickly returning.

"Peculiar?" Miss Peregrine was clearly no longer upset about Claire's and the Twins' tardiness as she tucked her watch away. "I hope you don't mind my asking, but in what way are you both peculiar?"

By this point, the other children had come to see what was happening and they were all gathered in the doorway. Hugh's bees buzzed curiously and Horace's eyes were squinted just slightly, whether in scrutiny or because of the sun, no one knew.

The Doctor and River looked at each other, seemingly communicating through their eyes. The Doctor nudged River, glanced at the bulky watch on her wrist, then back at her. All the while, River glared at the Doctor and subtly shook her head.

Then, seeming to relent, the Doctor turned to everyone with a grin.

"Well, uh, I can do this..?" She announced with a shrug and held up her hand.

To the peculiars' astonishment, her hand from her fingertips to her wrist glowed gold. There was a very faint ringing that accompanied the glowing.

Claire squealed in amazement and reached to touch her hand, but the Doctor pulled away slightly.

"Heh, sorry. Wouldn't do that if I were you," she advised.

While Claire looked dejected, she didn't protest, instead content to simply look at the Doctor's glowing hand.

"What about you?" Enoch asked River.

River looked put off, as if she had been asked what colour underwear she was wearing. Her lips parted as she began to speak, but the Doctor beat her to it.

"She can do the same as me! Go on, River, show them," the Doctor smiled encouragingly at her.

"It's a waste of regeneration energy," she hissed quietly to the Doctor.

"I have an infinite amount of regenerations, I'll be the judge of that, dear," the Doctor replied just as quietly.

With a huff, River turned to their audience and held out her own hand. She let it glow for a maximum of ten seconds, just enough for the peculiars to get a good look at it then cut off the regeneration energy and dropped her hand back to her side.

"Wow, you both have a beautiful peculiarity," Bronwyn smiled.

"Thank you!" The Doctor grinned then booped Bronwyn's nose which elicited a giggle from the girl.

"Well, Doctor, River, it's a pleasure to meet a fellow peculiar even if I hadn't anticipated your arrival," Miss Peregrine spoke up with a small smile, "but please, do come in. Olive and I will prepare tea for you."