Alive

A/N: I know I said I was taking a break from this fic to write my other one-shot series, but I was re-reading my one-shots for any typos or errors and decided to write a part two for my 'Death' one-shot because i made myself sad. So, here it is.

Sequel to Death

Also, thank you so much for 10k views on this fic, I am so grateful, you don't understand😊🌻

MOVIEVERSE

After the heartbreaking death of their headmistress and mother, the peculiar children knew they had to do find another loop, and fast, before they aged forward and joined Miss P in the afterlife.

So, they took a look at the map containing all of the open loops nearby and found one about an hour's sail away. It belonged to an ymbryne called Miss Hawk. According to Millard, she was a lovely old lady with only a few wards who was much like Miss P- stern, but unendingly kind.

That being said, they immediately set sail towards the loop.

It took a couple of hours, but they eventually made it to the docks at the town where Miss Hawk's loop resided. Following the two hours sailing to the loop, it took another forty-five minutes to find said loop. It happened to be an inviting house on the quieter part of town where most people shied away from because of the 'weird children'.

That's how they had found the loop in the first place. Someone had pointed out that they looked like the weird children on the other side of town, and from there it had been really easy.

When they entered the loop with a telltale whoosh and arrived at the house, they were greeted by a kindly old woman with greying hair and dark brown streaks, wearing an ankle length white skirt and loafers, along with a comfortable-looking grey cardigan with a white blouse underneath. Her silver pocket watch was safely in her cardigan pocket.

Miss Hawk smiled at them as they approached, but that smile soon faltered at the crestfallen and exhausted looks on their faces.

"Oh dear," she cooed and hurried towards them. She placed a hand on Hugh's and Horace's arms and eyed them all with concern, "whatever's the matter, children? Where's your ymbryne?"

"She's dead," Emma muttered solemly and wiped away fresh tears.

"Dead?"

"The wights, they killed her," Enoch stated angrily.

"Of course," rhe woman realised sadly, "I had heard all about that. I managed to keep my wards safe when they came for us, but I was heartbroken to hear about my sisters."

The children weren't sure what to say to that, so they numbly nodded. They were relieved to hear that she'd been able to stay safe, but they couldn't find the energy to tell her that. Now that they were away from Blackpool and off the ship, their energy was quickly fading.

"Your ymbryne, who was she?" Miss Hawk continued, sensing this.

"Alma LeFay Peregrine," Millard reported dutifully, his voice lacking his usual charm.

"Alma? Oh dear. She was so young," Miss Hawk lifted a hand to her mouth, her own tears welling in her eyes. "I knew her at the Ymbryne Academy. She was the youngest of us all, yet the most powerful. Oh that girl. She could have given us all a run for our money, if not for her brothers."

"Brothers?" Enoch repeated, looking up from where he'd been burning a hole in the floor.

"Let's not delve into that right now. You all look positively exhausted. How about you all come in and get some shuteye? Maybe something to eat?" Miss Hawk eyed them all sympathetically, especially Emma and Claire who looked simply broken.