Mr. Sandman

Bookverse

A/N: Set after the events of LoS and AU from when the peculiars start living with Jacob.

This song is based on the SYML cover of 'Mr. Sandman', so please don't correct me on the lyrics.

"Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream, make her the cutest that I've ever seen."

Miss Peregrine sat at the top of Horace's bed, her ward's head rested on her lap. She gently ran her fingers through his messy blonde hair. Horace's breathing was deep and even, a fair sign he was now asleep.

"Give her two lips like roses and clover, and tell her that her lonely nights are over," she sang quietly to Horace.

From previous experience back in the loop, she had found that singing to her ward when he'd had a particularly bad nightmare would help him doze off again into a peaceful sleep.

She would alway continue singing for a while even after he'd fallen asleep, just to be sure he was alright and wouldn't be waking up again.

"Sandman, I'm so alone, don't have nobody to call my own, please turn on your magic bean, Mr. Sandman bring me a dream."

Horace breathed in deeply and let out the air as he twisted slightly, moving himself into a different position. Miss Peregrine stayed still and let him do it, quieting her singing for a moment.

When he'd stopped moving, she resumed the song again.

"Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream, make her the cutest that I've ever seen, give her the word that I'm not a rover, and tell her that her lonely nights are over."

She ran her hands through his hair in a comforting gesture, smiling gently when the corner of his lips subconsciously lifted up into a content smile.

"Oh, Sandman, I'm so alone, don't have nobody to call my own, so please turn on your magic bean, Mr. Sandman bring me a dream."