Myron

A/N: One-shot requested by @Hannibal2

Summary: The story of what happened to Miss Peregrine's leg, as told from Myron's POV

:(

BOOKVERSE

Myron, like his brother Jack, hated living in the loop. He, Jack, and their sister Alma had been living there for over two years now, and his hatred for the loop had remained the same since their arrival there.

The only one who didn't hate the loop was Alma. In fact, she seemed to really enjoy living under the other ymbrynes' care as she herself learned how to be one.

Because of this (and because of the fact that she was an ymbryne) Jack grew to despise Alma. Myron sometimes liked to believe that it was just petty jealousy and that he, like Myron, really did love Alma like a good brother should, but the hatred in his eyes, bright like an inferno, was easy to spot from a mile away.

Jack's hatred over Alma being an ymbryne had only progressed over the years. It had steadily gone from a mere jealousy to pure anger. Myron didn't know why (after all, it's not like Jack even wanted to be a carer) but there was something that fuelled his hatred.

In terms of peculiarity, Alma wasn't the only one who could turn into a Peregrine Falcon. Jack could do so, too, though it was a known yet unspoken fact that Alma was just a little bit faster than Jack. No matter how hard Jack tried to fly faster, no matter how many times he cheated, trying to knock Alma from the sky, Alma always came back even faster.

This only seemed to infuriate Jack even more as he became even more cruel towards her. His torment had always been there since learning of Alma being an ymbryne, but it seemed when he realised he'd never best her, he had given up on trying and instead turned towards beating her down.

Jack would then begin to pinch Alma until she cried, leaving polka dot bruises on her arms and legs. He would pull her hair so hard, Alma's neck would jerk sharply, leaving her dazed. In lessons, he would stab her leg under the table with a freshly sharpened pencil.

When the ymbrynes weren't looking, he would pick a fight, hitting her with his hardcover books and tree branches. Alma would try to defend herself, push Jack away or simply leave, but Jack would order Myron to hold her still. As much as Myron didn't want to (she was his sister after all, and he wasn't the jealous one), he knew it would be wiser to listen to Jack.

The torment continued for years until, near Alma's graduation, Jack took it too far.

It had been night and the ymbrynes were all heading off to bed, the older ymbrynes blowing out candles and tidying up. They were all supposed to be in bed, but they'd been running late, having been caught up studying.

Jack had led the way as usual, Alma and Myron following in his wake. They'd been going up the stairs and had almost reached the top when Jack had decided it was the perfect time to pick on Alma again, telling her she wasn't studying hard enough and she wasn't good enough to graduate as an ymbryne.

She and Jack had gotten into an argument at the top of the stairs, the latter pushing and prodding, and pinching the former. Tears had welled in Alma's eyes, Myron could see in the reflection of the candle he was holding for light.

Then, to Myron's shock, Jack had pushed Alma a little too hard and she'd fallen backwards. Myron had begun to catch her, but with the candle in his hand, he stopped himself. He and Jack had watched with wide eyes as their sister tumbled down the stairs until, when she'd almost reached the bottom, there was a resounding crack!

A scream followed not ten seconds later as Alma finally hit the bottom of the stairs, and Myron scurried to follow her and check she was alright.

With his arms around Alma's shoulder, and older ymbrynes following the noise, Myron cast a dirty look up to his brother at the top of the stairs, but he was gone.