Candy Crush Saga🍭🍬

Bookverse

Miss Peregrine's POV;

I was sitting in the kitchen reading a book to pass the time when one of my wards, Claire, came running in. I looked up from my book and flashed her a smile.

"Hello, Claire," I greeted and shuffled a bit when she climbed on my lap.

"Hey, Miss P," she replied, "guess what I've got?"

"I don't know, Claire, what is it?" I asked.

She moved to sit on the table so she was facing me instead of sitting on my lap and facing away. With a grin, she shoved a... square in my face. It was bigger than her hand so she held it with two, but the screen seemed to shine.

I was dumbfounded.

"What is it?" I questioned and took it from her to have a look myself. On the back it was red and had a reflective apple on it through which I could slightly see my face. Underneath that it said iPhone and I realised it was the same as what Jacob had.

"Jake said it's a 'phone'. I can play games on it!" Claire gushed and took it back from me.

With a bit of tapping on the thing, a cheery noise came through the phone and she turned it back towards me. Now on the previously blank screen was a bright... thing. Presumably a game.

I furrowed my brows, "what's that?"

"It's Candy Crush! It's the best game ever! Watch," she said and turned the phone back towards herself, but low enough so I would still be able to see it.

She then started tapping and swiping at the screen, playing the game. I was completely fascinated. As much as I didn't like to get involved in the modern world, I think I could make an exception for Candy Crush and this iPhone.