From the Frying Pan

Purple found the apartment in shambles when he returned. He momentarily panicked until he recalled that Tenn tended to vent off by smashing everything around her. Thankfully, the comfortable-looking couch didn't seem to have a scratch. Okay, now to find Tenn.

Twitching his lekku, he managed to hear a sound coming from the thing hyoomans called the bathroom. Curious, he approached the door and pressed one side of his head to it. He recognized the sound of an Irkenette vomiting, having heard Lena throw up lots of times when she was pregnant. Purple sighed. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. As mad as he was at Tenn, it didn't mean he wasn't concerned about her health, especially now that he knew she was smeeting.

"Puaj!" Guess that was a no.

The door opened a few minutes later, and Tenn stumbled out, her face pale. Purple quickly reached out and picked her up before she could do anything to slip away. Resistance came almost after as she wiggled in his hold, trying to get free, but his grip on his wife was firm.

"Put me down!" Tenn snapped.

"Calm down, woman," Purple said coldly. "Fits can hurt the smeet."

"Are you kidding me?! Now you're going to act like the 'loving' husband?!"

"Regardless of what you think, my dear, I'm not a monster. I'm not going to lay a hand on a pregnant irkenette," Purple glared down at his wife. "Even if you do deserve it."

As he walked into the room, Purple finally lost the little bit of patience he had. Instead of throwing Tenn into the bed as part of him wanted to do; however, he merely pinched down on a particular spot in her neck.

"What on Irk...?" Tenn trailed off as her eyelids fluttered, and she went limp in his arms.

Purple sighed. It's been a while ever since he used another Irken's weak spot to knock them out. The last time he did it was when Red was on a rampage after Miyuki died, and he had to knock him out before he could destroy their room (and the snacks). Thankfully, the bed was big enough for the two of them, so Purple tucked Tenn into the right side. As he was bringing the duvet over, his fingers gently brushed against her abdomen.

Purple froze. He found himself carefully placing his hand on his wife's abdomen as he imagined a tiny embryo safely tucked in her spooch-sac, growing. His smeet, his child... A warm feeling overcame Purple as he found himself smiling lightly.

He was going to be a father, after all. He could already imagine himself cradling his tiny smeet in his arms, making crooning noises to lull him (or her) to sleep. He imagined himself playing with the little one, changing dirty diapers, and taking him out on strolls, being there for the first steps...

His mind drifted back to Tenn as his gaze fixed on top of her. His wish came true, that's right. He was having a smeet with Tenn, but he was not as elated as he thought he'd be. He still didn't have her love. Worse, she tried to run from him, taking their smeet with her. She lied to him.

What about you? Didn't you lie too?

Purple angrily pushed the thought out of his head. It's not the same thing.

What could he do now? He just couldn't trust Tenn, at least not right now. She's likely to try and escape when she gets the chance. And he wasn't sure he wanted to go through all that again. He couldn't let her go unpunished, but at the same time, he couldn't bring himself to lay a hand on her. What to do, what to do...?

Wait a minute. He remembered a particular thing that he used to do on his regular visits to Orgydia. Yes, it might work. He just needed to make a quick call to Callnowia.