Blossom

Me and my big mouth!

It started not long after the transmission to the Massive. Tenn felt a somewhat intense headache, which made her dizzy and sleepy. Her appetite diminished slightly too, and she refused the brownies with s'mores filling.

Purple didn't give it much importance at first, thinking that it was merely typical symptoms from the pregnancy. After all, Lena felt similarly in the earlier stages when she carried both his nephews and then recovered. It wasn't until his wife's body temperature rose dangerously that he began to worry.

"Hey, lizards, I need a medic right now!" Purple shouted from behind the plasma wall. "Hello? Anyone there?!"

"There haven't been any guards around today, my Tallest!" The prisoner, probably another Irken, said. "It seems like they were all needed for something."

"What?!" Purple punched the wall, groaning. Damn it, where are the lizards when you need them?!

"Is something the matter, sir?" Purple recognized the medic's voice from above; he was probably in the upper cell in the second level.

"My wife is ill, genius! Why do you think I'm asking for a medic?!"

"What are her symptoms? When did they start?"

"She's got a fever, barely eats, if at all, and she's been shivering since yesterday!" A tense silence followed. Purple shivered; coming from a medic, that meant bad news. "Do you know what it is?"

"I have a theory, but I'm afraid I can't confirm or discard it if I can't do a check-up in Lady Tenn with a medical capsule."

Purple grit his teeth, looking back at his wife. Tenn was still shivering, hidden in his cloak. What if this was something serious? Could it harm the smeet?

"What do you suggest I do, then?!"

"Try to lower her temperature however you can, my Tallest. Have her drink lots of water too so that her PAK won't overheat from the high body temperature."

It's a good thing he's been saving the water from the meals, but the problem is that it's warm and he needs cold water. Then he remembered that he's been saving a vanilla and chocolate ice cream for later, kept frozen by his PAK. Yes, that should work for a while, it'll lower her temperature from the inside out for some time at least.

"Tenn, wake up."

The Invader shifted on her sleep, trying to hide further into the blankets, but the annoying hand shaking her gently woke her up. "Whaaat?" She asked with a half-groan, peeking from under the sheets.

"I have some ice cream for you."

"I'm not hungry."

"It's not about that. You need something to cool you off, my dear. You're boiling."

"Boiling? I feel cold."

"I know, I know, but you need to eat for the smeet, anyway."

Reluctantly, Tenn allowed her mate to feed her with spoonfuls of ice cream. Surprisingly, the snack felt a refreshing kind of cold, unlike the uncomfortable one she's been feeling lately. And the sugar gave her a tiny bit of energy.

"How long has it been since we called the Massive?" She asked once the cardboard vase was empty.

"About a day or so."

"Damn, what's taking him so long?"

"I guess it can't be that easy to send troops to deep into Sobrekt territory unseen. Red is quite meticulous when it comes to military operations, so we'll probably be stuck here for a little more time-"