Chapter XVII

•// Chapter 17.\\•
I'd rather be alone.

(music on)

|--------------------------|

|---------------------------|

"Can you be my boyfriend?"

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I can feel my heart race two times faster. Not like it wasn't already racing when we kissed.

I noticed how his expression turned into shock and then turned into sadness. I noticed how his shoulders slumped as his head turned to the ground.

Oh, fuck. This is not good.

"It's... It's okay if you don't want to answer now, no pressure or something." I said. I felt my hands getting sweaty.

"It's just that I... I...just can't." Taehyung said. His lips quivering as he spoke. His eyes getting teary as time goes by.

I immediately went to engulf him into a hug which he instantly declines and moved further than me.

He moved away from my lap and that's when I finally realised that I fucked up. Was I too sudden?

Wait... I am too sudden. We just hang out for a month for fuck's sake! But... Why did he kiss back when he doesn't want me back?

"It's really fine. You don't need to say anything. I just realised I went too fast. I'm sorry, I just got carried away." I rushed my words, it felt like I was rapping.

"No, you don't have to be sorry. I was the one who kissed you first and stuff without your permission and I'm sorry but I... I don't think being in a relationship with me is worth it..." He said. He bit his lips as tears started to fall from his eyes.

"I don't get it...?" I muttered. We were fine. I'm sure that I like him romantically does he like me back or...what...

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I don't want this. He looks disappointed. But I don't think this will work. I only have limited time and as days go by I feel weaker and weaker. Why would he want to date a dying person?

I wiped away my tears but they kept on flowing down my cheeks.

The scenery around us turned gloomy and dull. It didn't felt as lively as it was before.

"I'm running out of time, Jungkook. Y-you know that. I just don't think this will work. It'll h-hurt a thousand times when I finally leave and I don't want that for you." I explained.

He stayed silent, his head hung low. His fingers fiddled with the grass underneath us.

"I like you but I don't want to hurt you. When I... When..."

I hate that word...

"I can donate, I'm willing to donate," Jungkook said. His eyes filled with determination.

"No! I told you already! It's not worth it!" I raised my voice, "I get that you only want what's good for me and I appreciate it but we just knew each other. You don't even know me completely! We were enemies—"

"Rivals."

"That's the same. You'd die for a friend you've known for not even a month? You're smarter than this, Kook. I have accepted the fact that I'm dying already that's why I made the bucket list!" I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What about the efforts you've made for your future?" He asked.

"No, what about the efforts you've made for your future, huh? You're willing to lose it all for me? Donating me your heart is suicide, Jungkook. I don't want to live knowing that you died for me." I said.

He interlaced his fingers with mine and kneel in front of me before burying his face in my chest, crying, "But I don't want you to go..." He let out a broken sob, his other hand gripping on my shirt.

"I don't want you to go..."

|--~🐰End of Chapter XVII🐯~--|

Hehehehehe...

U can as well re-read the tags 😳