Chapter VII

•// Chapter 07.\\•
Guilt

|--------------------------|

|---------------------------|

Taehyung took long strides towards the bathroom with his tears threatening to fall.

The brunette pushed the door from one of the cubicles harshly with his head lowered in shame.

I'm pathetic.

He thought as he locked the door and leaned on it. Taehyung wiped his tears furiously.

Yes, it's childish. Of course it is.

Taehyung gritted his teeth while tears continued to fall from his dull eyes. Taehyung didn't want this to happen, he didn't want any of this to happen.

But is it really childish to dream about the things you want to do before you die? To hope that you can do all of that before you die?

Who cares if I do all of that anyways?I'm just gonna die with everyone thinking I overworked my brain from studying to much.

Taehyung feels embarrassed that he snapped with lots of people around him, it's just so immature.

~ JUNGKOOK'S POV ~

I walked through the now quiet hallways as the classes are already over. But who knows? Taehyung might be here somewhere?

I want to apologize for my careless actions towards him, for saying things that made him upset.

My eyebrows furrowed as I hear whimpers and sobs in the bathroom. I turned my head towards the noise and made my way to the bathroom.

What I like about this school is that it's very clean and neat that even if you lay on the hard tiles, you won't get disgusted.

"Taehyung?Is that you?" I called out and knocked at the door gently.

"L-leave me alone." I heard him hiccup. "Please open the door." I said softly.

"Why would I o-open the door for you." he struggled as he mutter those words.

"Please... I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to hurt you this much. I should've been more sensitive... Please forgive me." I said sincerely.

We don't get along and may hate each other occasionally but I'm not an asshole and bully.

Taehyung didn't respond but I can still hear his sniffles and hiccups.

I pulled out his notebook and slipped it inside the cubicle, "I'm sorry..." I sighed and waited for his reply which never came.

"Taehyung? Please forgive me..." I said one more time.

The sound of the door being unlocked echoed inside the bathroom. I stood awkwardly while I waited for his forgiveness.

"Why are you still here?" he said,his voice raspy from all of the cryings he did earlier.

"I want to know if you forgive me. I want you to be my friend or something. I really feel bad." I said as I stared at his still teary eyes.

"You want me to be your friend because you feel bad?" He asked.

I panicked, "What? No! Of course not! I'm tired of us fighting over grades... That's why."

"Really now?" He asked once again, barely believing what I just said.

"Yes... And plus, you seem like a nice guy..." I stated.

"What makes me look like a 'nice guy'?" He asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well... Uhm... Maybe uf he hang out sometimes, I'll give you a reason why you're a nice guy." I laughed nervously.

"You really want me to forgive you, huh?" he mumbled and took out the small notebook then handed it to me.

"My mother said she won't allow me to do this alone. I'll forgive you if you come with me." Taehyung said.

I raised one of my eyebrows with a puzzled look."And you're going to forgive me if I come with you? What if I don't want to?" I said,nunsure.

"Then I won't forgive you." He simply said.

Don't get me wrong, but I really do want his forgiveness. But the thought of me and him together made me shiver. I know that he doesn't like me and it made me think of how awkward our time together.

"When?" I asked.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the start of our Christmas break and maybe we can do these things I wrote... just before my time is up." Taehyung said but mumbled at the end. I caught the words clearly and stared at him with confusion.

"What do you mean just before your time is up? What do you mean about earlier? That I get to live longer?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Are you even worth telling for?" he asked with grimace.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"Promise?"

"Uh huh" I nonchalantly replied.

I can't promise you anything.

"I'm dying." he chuckled bitterly. I frowned, "You are? Is that why you're acting different?" I asked.

"Maybe..." he shrugged."But if you tell anyone, I'll tell everyone that you cheated on a test that's why you're exempted from getting that important exam."  he deadpanned.

My eyes widen.

"H-how--"

"I saw you." he said and crossed his arms while looking at me. Taehyung is acting like he wasn't crying like a crybaby just awhile ago.

I'm screwed.

"Why do you even want to keep this a secret?" I asked.

"None of your business." he simply said, "So? Do you agree or not?" Taehyung asked blankly.

"Okay..."

"Okay?"

"Yeah...okay."

"Tomorrow, six in the morning." Taehyung said and slung his bag on his shoulder.

"It's too early." I whined.

Taehyung stared at me blankly, not responding.

"Ugh...fine." I groaned.

|--~🐰End of Chapter VII🐯~--|

Do you think this story will be a happy or sad ending?

I love ya'll <3

This is a subtae btw