Chapter VIII

•// Chapter 08.\\•
Hiking

|--------------------------|

|---------------------------|

Taehyung's eyes slowly opened as the sun hit his face brightly. He groaned and rolled on his bed one more time before sitiing so he won't be late.

"He's right, it's too early." he sighed and went to his bathroom. Should he be happy that he's finally doing his bucket list or be upset because he doesn't like the person who'll come with him. Maybe they could work it out and just be friends or whatever.

It's not worth it. We only have a month or two, he'll be attached.

Taehyung thought as he did his morning routines with his face void with emotions.

The brunette always makes his face as blank as possible. Taehyung thinks it's better if no one knew what he's thinking about. If he's sad, mad, happy or hurt. But he can't always wear his mask because sometimes, his eyes spoke louder than his words and looks. But why did no one see that he need someone, a friend? Maybe because he's blank and unapproachable.

Taehyung went downstairs and went to the dining area to eat his breakfast."Why are you up so early, Taebear?" Taeyeon asked as she set up the food on the table gently.

"Oh...I forgot to tell you that I'm--we're hiking today..." he said.

"With a friend, Tae?" she asked and sat down on the wooden chair. Taehyung licked his lips nervously.

"With a classmate." simply said and started to dig into the tasty food that his mother cooked.

"Is he or she not your friend?" she asked once again making the male frown slightly. "He's just my classmate, nothing more." he said.

Taeyeon nodded quite sadly as she thought that her son might've found a friend.

As they finished eating in silence, Taehyung wore his shoes and left after he bid his mother goodbye.

Hope this goes well.

-

Jungkook yawned and stretched his limbs sluggishly. He opened his eyes slowly as he turned to look at his digital clock.

6:30am

I think I forgot somethi--Fuck!

Jungkook sprinted towards his bathroom when he realised that he's running late for the hiking he and Taehyung agreed to.

"He'll hate me even more--wait why do I care?" he clicked his tongue in distaste and ran to the door.

Breakfast? I don't know that.

Jungkook thought as he went inside the bus that fortunately stopped.

-(Is climbing a long and many stairs towards a beautiful view on the mountain considered as hiking? If not then let's just pretend that it is.)

"You're late..." Taehyung mumbled as he eyes the raven head blankly. Jungkook huffed, "The traffic was bad..." he lied and shrugged.

"Yeah right." the brunette started to walk up the steps. Readying themselves from exhaustion that they'll experience just before they reach the top of Mt.TK. The highest mountain in Bangtan World.

Why is it called TK?

I don't know either.

After an hour, Jungkook panted as they reached midpoint of the mountain in silence."Let's rest for a bit." he sat on the stairs with sweat dripping on his forehead.

Taehyung halt on his tracks and looked at the other with raised brows."You look like you're going to collapse or something... I'm the one dying here though... But are you uhm-- okay?" He asked hesitantly. Jungkook who is pale and staring at his now empty water bottle.

"Yeah... I didn't eat breakfast.." Jungkook muttered while looking at Taehyung.

The brunette pulled out a sandwich that us supposed to be his snack incase he gets hungry while climbing the numerous stairs.

Taehyung handed the food to Jungkook who is looking at him with happiness.

"Thank you, Taehyung!" he exclaimed and munched on his. The aforementioned male just stretched his lips into a tight lipped smile as he avert his gaze from the raven head to the beautiful and green trees that surrounded the mountain.

"Woah... That's the first time I've even seen you smile, although it looked kinda forced but it's still a smile nontheless." Jungkook chuckled and stood up after he ate the food.

Taehyung bit his lips and continued to climb up the stairs.

"I wish it was wider though." Jungkook said quietly but the other caught it perfectly but chose to stay silent and act as if he didn't hear a single thing.

It made Taehyung wonder, is this really the first time someone saw his smile? Is he always frowning or emotionless? He did wish he could smile wider, too, smile more often. But wouldn't it hurt to smile even if you don't want to? To smile even though you're just crying and dying inside?

-

"Yes!" Jungkook exclaimed and stretched his arms with happiness when they finally reached the top.

Taehyung sighed in relief as his eyes wandered at the breathtaking view from the place their on at the moment.

The top of the Mt.TK has a huge cross that can be climbed if you still have the energy to. That's one of the things that made the place magical and perfect.

Jungkook started to take photos, not wanting to miss the opportunity of capturing the beauty of the place, view and Taehyung--wait...Taehyung? Too fast, nope, just too fast.

The raven head stared at the screen with wide eyes. He just took lots of pictures of the brunette that is enjoying the scenery with a wide smile.

He's smiling. Taehyung looks so friendly when he's smiling.

Taehyung coughed awkwardly as he realised that the other was staring at him in awe.

"What?" he asked with doe eyes. Taehyung looks so cute at the moment. It's like he's a different person that Jungkook knew.

"Nothing... You should smile more often. Happiness looks good on you." the raven head said with a soft voice.

Taehyung rolled his eyes but giggled anyways.

No, don't... You're leaving.

|--~🐰End of Chapter VII🐯~--|

Please don't forget to vote and don't be a ghost reader :<

I love you all! I hope you'll like this story and please don't worry. This won't be angsty for too long...unless ;>

Edited: please do tell me your thoughts, i'd love to read them.