Chapter I

•// Chapter 01.\\•
Rivals

|---------------------------|

Welcome to Bucket List.

|--------------------------|

Jungkook tapped his pen against his wooden desk with cold hands, too nervous to even listen to his teacher who's currently announcing the list of the students that has enough grades to be able to join the top ten.

"Top three with an average of ninety-five is...Park Jihoon! You improved, my dear. Congratulations." Mrs Lee said and patted the aforementioned male's shoulder with a proud grin on her face.

"Top two with an average score of ninety-eight point one is-- drum rolls please." Mrs Lee giggled and the class obliged with excitement on their face.

It's always been Taehyung or Jungkook that always gets the second and first spots so it's no surprise to them if Mrs Lee will mention one of them.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung worked really hard to claim the number one spot, but the only one can accomplish that. Maybe that's why they hated each other so much because they see each other as rivals and not just a smart classmate.

Taehyung chewed his lips with worry as the class continued to beat their poor desks for suspense.

"Kim Taehyung! Congrats, dear. You might've to decrease just a little, but it's okay! Congratulations." Mrs Lee exclaimed and motioned the brunette to stand up to receive his certificate and a gold medal.

Taehyung frowned and formed his hands into fists. He can't accept the fact that he's only second and not the top one like he promised himself to be.

"Mr Kim..." Their teacher smiled warmly at him while motioning him to come up to her.

The brunette stretched his lips into a smile fakely as he doesn't want his rival to tease him just because he can't accept defeat.

People may think that the top two is okay, but for him, it's not. Definitely not. He thinks that it's humiliating and just disappoints him very much that he'll lock up himself in his bedroom for days. Because why not? Taehyung spends ninety-five per cent of his life studying and aiming for first place.

"Thank you, Mrs Lee," Taehyung mumbled and went to his seat. The raven head stuck out his tongue at him and gave him a smug look. "Good luck next time, dear," Jungkook said and smirked.

"Fuck you." the brunette stepped on his rival's feet hardly making the other groan in pain.

"Top one with an average of ninety-eight point four is no other than Jeon Jungkook! Congratulation, bun!" Mrs Lee smiled while Jungkook stood up from his seat with a grin.

"Thank you, Ma'am!" the raven head exclaimed and received his award with happiness.

The brunette's eyes widen with fury and shock.

Only three points?! What the hell.

The class cheered happily for the honour students while the brunette's heart ached painfully. Like literally.

Taehyung gritted his teeth and clutched his chest as he leaned towards his deck while his other arm covered him so no one will see him.

Fuck, it really hurts...

"Why are you crying? Is it because I'm in the first place and you're just in the second place?" Jungkook chuckled, thinking Taehyung was crying because of that reason.

"Leave me alone." Taehyung swallowed the lump in his throat. The pain slowly went away as he inhaled deeply.

It's been a week since he felt the constant aching of his heart. He fainted one time but didn't tell anyone.

Little did he know that it's more serious than he thinks it is.

|--~🐰 End of Chapter I 🐯~--|

I really don't have anything to do other than write bc tiktok can be tiring sometimes.

I hope you like this story. The chapters will not have the same length, ok?

Please support me and this book. I love ya'll.