Chapter IX

•// Chapter 09.\\•
Stargazing

|--------------------------|

|----------------------------|

"So uhh... We'll do stargazing tomorrow because I'm tired and I know you are too." Taehyung said. He told Jungkook where they'll meet so they can ride the bus together.

Taehyung said that they'll stargaze in a peaceful hill far from their town. Where no one knows them.

"Can I have your number? So that I can text you just incase something happens or something..." Jungkook said sheepishly.

After the hiking, they're not as awkward as before but still don't consider each other as a friend. Well just Taehyung, though. He's just too hesitant and has a lot of doubts.

Jungkook wondered why Taehyung didn't want to befriend him. Is it because he sees him as a rival instead of friend and a mere classmate? Not like he already liked the boy but afterall, after knowing that Taehyung is dying, maybe he can at least make memories with him... As a friend.

"Okay..." Taehyung quietly said and fished out his phone then gave it to the raven head.

"Bye." they bid their goodbyes after exchanging numbers and walk their separate ways.

-- The Next Day --

Jungkook learnt his lesson and set an alarm so that he won't be late again. After all, he wants to leave a good impression on Taehyung.

"Where were you yesterday, dude? I wanted to hang out with you." Yoongi said on the other line.

Jungkook chuckled "I accompanied Taehyung." he said while laying on his bed.

"Woah... what did you guys do?" Yoongi said in a playful tone, "You didn't even tell me you had plans and also with Taehyung! Damn." Yoongi laughed.

"We just hiked, Yoongs. Maybe we could hike next time, too. The view's great." Jungkook responded nonchalantly.

Flashbacks of Taehyung smiling and taking pictures of the breathtaking scenery made him smile softly. Only if he approached the boy earlier, they could have been best friends.

He's so cute. I just wish he warm up to me just before...his time is up.

Jungkook sighed. He can't believe he's hanging out with a dying person who he once abhor. The thought of Taehyung dying made his smile vanish and heart feel heavy for some reason.

"--are you listening?" Yoongi groaned as Jungkook zoned out, unable to hear the words he was telling him.

"Oh, sorry, Yoongs... I was distracted..."

"You thinkin' about Taehyung--" Yoongi stifled a laugh.

"Stop! No! But are you free today, though?" the other raven head added. Jungkook glanced at his digital clock.

5:08pm

It's almost six and he just can't let Taehyung down, again."Oh sorry, Yoongs. Taehyung and I will meet up at six to stargaze.." he said calmly, waiting for Yoongi to tease him.

"Hmmm... Okay, have fun talking about algebra and other nerdy shits." Yoongi laughed.

"Let's hang out some other time... Maybe next week?" Jungkook asked so he won't make the other upset. After all, he is his best friend.