Chapter 16. First Date

Cathy got out of her second class just in time for lunch. She parted ways with Paul who left with a big grin on his face as if he was the happiest man in the world. Did it truly make him so happy that she'd agreed to go out with him the entire week?

She walked the campus with a smile on face feeling much better than she did over the weekend. Students complimented her on her new clothes throughout class and when she walked out the building.

Two strong arms suddenly wrapped around her pulling her against a massive muscular body. She knew who it was without looking up. Brent had pulled her into a bear hug, and he wasn't letting go.

"Stop being mad at me, I can't take it anymore!" he demanded.

She smiled. "I'm not mad at you."

"Really? The hug worked?" He held her tighter.

Cathy wanted to snuggle against his big body and enjoy his warmth. He made her feel protected, safe. Nothing in the world could hurt her, except him...she pulled away and took a step back to look up at him. "I'm over it."

"You forgive me?"

How could she resist him when those beautiful blue eyes of his were practically begging her. He was wearing his blue and gold jacket university jacket, the one that brought out his dark blue eyes and made his curly locks of hair look raven black. He was so handsome in that jacket; it was becoming her favorite.

Cathy couldn't understand how this extraordinary good looking alpha male who could have any woman he wanted was so attached to her to the point that it mattered to him how she felt about him. He could easily walk away from her if he wanted to, she was sure he'd done it countless of times to the women he'd dated and slept with.

"Yes, Brent, I forgive you," she smiled at him.

He hugged her again and then pushed her away to take a good look at her. His hands were still wrapped around her arms as he stared at her new outfit. "Dana told me you went shopping with them last night. This is so...not you on weekdays. Why are you looking so pretty all of a sudden?"

What was it with him and Paul? "What, I don't look pretty all the time?" she asked Brent.

"Let me rephrase that. You're beautiful, you know you are, but you don't seem to care that you're beautiful. Today, it looks like you care."

"Is that your round about way of complimenting me?"

"Cathy...you went from sweats to stylish clothes, so yeah I'm a little suspicious."

"I'm experimenting," she said.

Brent made a face that made her laugh. "What?"

"You keep saying I'm beautiful and I've never believed you so I'm going to see just how beautiful I am this week."

Brent stared at her as if she'd lost her mind. "You're kidding right?"

"Nope," Cathy said.

"And how is that working out for you?" He narrowed his eyes at her and crossed his arms.

"A lot better than I thought. So many people have been complimenting me and watching me. Guys who never spared me a second glance now just stares at me even when they're with another girl."

Brent's lips twitched. He couldn't decide whether to laugh or be annoyed. "Do you have any idea how conceited you sound right now?"

"I know right? I like it!" Cathy said sounding like Dana.

Brent sighed. He dropped his arms and lowered his head. "This is my fault. I should have never kissed you. I think I did something to you..."

Cathy covered her mouth to keep from laughing.