Chapter 29. Realizations

A/N: I know it's been a while since I posted anything! This chapter had already been written, but I got so busy I couldn't finish it until today. I suck at titles, but enjoy! I got a few more chapters to write before their junior and senior year will be posted again. Thanks for your patience! 

Cathy had to admit, her favorite place to hang out during the winter semester with her friends was the private room they gathered in the student union on Sundays. However, since it had been so cold outside to do anything, it became a permanent spot for them on Fridays through Sunday.

She had survived her first week as Brent's new girlfriend. People were still treating her like royalty, which she thought she'd never get used to, but it was her friends that made her feel special and happy rather than a bunch of strangers that she didn't know anything about. The way they'd accepted her, and Brent's relationship was like being with a real family. They were extremely happy they were together, and Cathy found them sometimes just watching them with huge grins on their faces, pretty much like they were doing now.

She and Brent were standing off to the side talking amongst themselves when Cathy happen to glance their way and see the entire group watching them with admiration. She blushed feeling self-conscious and turned to Brent who grinned.

"Should we put on a show for them?" he teased.

"What?" Cathy asked.

He pulled her in his arms and kissed her.

The others cheered.

Cathy pulled away, her face red. "Stop it!" she yelled at them causing them to laugh. "This is so ridiculous!" She suddenly ran away.

"Where are you going?" Brent asked laughing. "Cathy!" he called after her.

He watched her run into the ladies' room and sighed.

Dana and Sheila stood up giggling and went after her.

Brent turned to the rest of his friends.

"Sorry, man, you two look hella good together, I gotta admit," Tyrese told him.

"She'd look good with me too," Lee said.

"Shut it!" Tyrese told him.

Lee grinned and shrugged and went back to watching TV.

"Why the hell she so shy? That shit funny as hell," Tyrese grinned. "She's been around us for how long now? And still acting brand new." He shook his head.

Brent let out a soft chuckle. "I don't think that part of her is going to change anytime soon. She's so cute when she gets that way, I can't help but tease her."

"So, you hit that yet?" Tyrese asked.

"Tyrese! That ain't none of your business," Faze said slapping him upside the head.

Tyrese stared at Brent completely ignoring his sister. "You haven't or you'd have this huge grin on your face by now. What you waiting for, man?"

"Probably got something to do with Paul," Lee said.

"Aww fuck that negro," Tyrese said. "She having nightmares over that bastard?"

"She's fine Tyrese, but I don't want to rush it. We're together, that's good enough for me for now."

"You know it's love when this fool lose interest in sex," Tyrese grinned.

"You all in your feelings now?" Lee teased. "You want me to teach you how to play the guitar and sing her a few love songs?"