Chapter 6 - His

Brent glanced at Cathy as he drove. "You ok?"

She nodded.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that. Tyrese can be a little wild sometimes."

"A little?" Cathy looked at him.

"He's a good guy, really. He just grew up in a bad neighborhood and that's all he knows."

"That's why Dana is scared of him," Cathy said.

"Did you meet her?" Brent asked.

"No," Cathy said. "I only know of her because Tyrese told me about her."

"I wanted you to meet her. She's too shy to approach you on her own. She knows all about you, she's seen you around campus, been watching you for two weeks and have yet to introduce herself."

"Why?" Cathy asked.

"She thinks you're going to treat her like all the other black girls she's tried to befriend. I told her you're not like that. She doesn't believe me."

"Oh," Cathy said. "I would never mistreat anyone."

"I know," Brent glanced behind him. "How you doing, Kiara?"

"I'm sleepy," Kiara told him.

"You'll be home soon," he told her.

He turned to Cathy. "Are you sure she's going to be ok? What if it gets worse? Maybe I should take you to my dorm at least I can keep an eye on both of you and help if something happens."

Cathy couldn't help but smile at Brent's concern. "And where is she going to sleep?"

"We have an extra room. It was going to be me, Scott, and Chris, staying there but Chris bailed on us at the last minute and moved to Boston."

"Who is Chris?"

"My best friend, he's like a brother to me just like Scott. He left because he couldn't stand to be on campus around the girl that broke his heart."

"I'm sorry, must have been a devastating break up for him to move like that," Cathy said.

"Yeah, he truly thought she was "The One."

"I see," Cathy said.

"Are you sure she's going to be okay?" Brent asked referring to Kiara.

"She's going to be fine, Brent. She just needs to rest."

"If it gets worse, you'll call me right?"

"Yes," Cathy told him.

"Ok, good."

Cathy stared at him as he drove. He was so handsome and caring and the way he took control earlier...yeah, she could see why girls liked him. She could see why she liked him, despite his little tryst with the blonde which still made her want to gag...

It didn't take them long to get to the dorm. Brent carried Kiara to their room. He stood in the doorway still holding her as he looked around. "Hell...no," he mumbled.

"What?"

"It's worse than I thought."

Cathy rolled her eyes. "This is Kiara's bed. Put her down, Brent." She stared at him in amusement. He looked like he was about to run off with her.

"This room is too small...how can you stand it? You barely have enough space to turn around in."

"It's what we could afford. Not everyone is like you and your friends, Brent."