1

I had woken up with a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen today. What I wasn't expecting was for my boyfriend of two years to breakup with me... over text.

I had noticed Weston had become more distant in the past weeks. But I assumed it was because he was busy with his big time job and his dare I say, idiot ass brother who had decided to move in with him after losing his job in Nevada.

After receiving his very "heartfelt" breakup message earlier this afternoon, I decided to just sulk in my wished was bigger New York apartment.

I purposely tried to avoid any human interaction as much as possible only speaking one or two words to the postmates delivery man at my door.

And that was all the words I had planned on speaking that day, until I received a FaceTime call from my best friend Pete while I was trying to take a nap in my bed.

Though I wasn't in the mood to answer and have a conversation with my lovely joke filled friend, I knew if I didn't answer he would become paranoid.

One time I was in the shower when he tried to call me, I obviously couldn't answer so instead of just texting me to see if I was okay, he showed up at my apartment. Mind you this was close to 12 in the morning.

I guess I was lucky to have a friend that was so caring that they would come to my apartment at any time of the day but sometimes it was a little much.

I think after the one time I had a pretty bad panic attack when I was alone and he was trying to call me and I didn't answer was what triggered his fight or flight mode when it came to me not answering his messages and FaceTime or phone calls.

My phone continued to ring with his picture shown on my screen. I sighed swiping across the answer button.

Seconds later the pale and most likely high boy popped onto my screen.

"Wassup my's" he said flashing a wide smile.

"Hey" I said trying to show a smile.

"Your coming down to watch snl tonight right?"

"Ummm I don't know..." I said biting my nails

"What do you mean I thought you said you were coming with Mika?" He said now frowning.

"I don't know Pete, I'm just not really in the mood I guess." I said not wanting to tell him Weston had broken up with me.

He looked at me confused for a second.

"Myaaaaa... what's wrong?" He said dragging out my name knowing something was up .

Damn't this boy could see right through me.

"Nothing I just don't feel that well."

He totally could tell I was lying.

"Bullshit" he said

I had set my phone against one of the pillows on my bed, I slammed my head down on my mattress breathing in deeply for a second to try and contain myself from crying.

"What happened Mya?" He said once again.

I could hear the worry in his voice. And I knew if I didn't answer soon he would be on his way to my apartment.

"Weston broke up with me." I said my words muffled due to my head still being pressed down on the mattress.

"Wait, did you just say Weston broke up with you!?" I could hear anger rising in his voice.

Pete had never been a big fan of Weston. Pete and I had just become pretty close friends when I met Weston while at a bar with Mika. Who has been my best friend since elementary school. We had originally been living together here in my now own apartment until she met her now girlfriend Carson.