26

The question took me off guard. I was almost certain my eyes were wide and almost buldging out of my head.

"Wh- what?" I say almost breathless

His smile gets wider, "sorry I guess I should have said-

He clears his throat

"Mya will you marry me?"

The question comes smoothly off of his tongue. It was very unexpected and so out of the blue I wasn't sure how to react.

Still speechless, I take a second to think about what he just asked.

Though he wasn't down on one knee and he didn't have some huge extravagant thing planned out, it was his style. And it was perfect.

A wide smile creeps onto my face as he waits for my answer. It was still hard to tell if he was joking.

"Please tell me your not kidding?" I ask him

He chuckles, "I promise you I would never joke about something so serious."

I giggle softly

"Yes Pete I would like to marry you." I say so casually that it actually surprises me.

I watch as he basically moves so he hovers above me, his face inches away from mine.

"I know I didn't plan some big thing but I just felt somewhere in me that it was the right time to ask the question." He says quietly

"It was fucking perfect." I say smiling and leaning in to kiss his lips.

The kiss held so much love and passion. As our lips moved in sync, the love I felt for him only seemed to increase.

He eventually pulls away, not before leaving a long kiss on my forehead. He looks down at me with a smile in which I return.

"Did this really just happen?" I ask more to myself

"It did. We're getting fucking married."

-

The next couple of days went by in a blur. Pete and I decided not to tell anyone about the engagement until the weekend. Well besides both of our family's.

My mind was still in shock by the whole thing. Pete didn't even have a ring when he asked the question. But I honestly couldn't care. As long as I had him, I didn't need a ring to symbolize our love.

It was a Friday evening and Colson and Megan happened to be down in New York for some type of small show Colson was doing. He had invited us earlier in the week but we decided to skip out because we were still pretty tired from coming back from our trip.

I did however invite the two of them to come over afterwards, which they happily agreed upon. Originally telling them about an engagement wasn't in the plan, but now things have obviously changed. And for the better.

Pete and I cleaned up my apartment a little as we waited for the couple to arrive. I had managed to finally do our laundry yesterday so thankfully that was done.

As I was wiping down the kitchen counter, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Hi." I say happily with a smile as I look up Pete who was staring down at me.

"Hey."

I lean into his chest as he starts leaving soft kisses down my neck.

"You nervous about telling them?" He asks in between kissing my soft skin.

"Not really." I shrug

"Good." He says

Pete moves the t-shirt of his I was wearing to the side so he could kiss down to my shoulder.