10

"Would you hurry the fuck up!" I heard Pete yell from the kitchen.

I finished doing my hair as I walked into the kitchen where Pete stood looking at me impatiently.

"Alright I'm ready we can go now." I said walking over to grab my purse that sat on a stool near the kitchen island.

I followed Pete to the front door, slipping on my sneakers. Opening the door and turning around to lock it I ran down the stairs to meet Pete who was already at the bottom.

Colson had texted me early this morning saying he was on his flight and would be landing sometime in the afternoon. I promised that Pete and I would pick him up from the airport.

Pete unlocked his car and we both hopped in. Pete was very excited to see his best friend again, and I could tell his mood was already 10x better then the previous days before. I was happy he was happy.

Exiting the parking garage Pete turned on some music. Keeping it at an appropriate volume.

"Mya." Pete said to me to get my attention. I turned my head from the window to look at Pete.

"Yes?" I said smiling

"One you look really pretty today, and two thanks for taking care of me these past few days." He said smiling grabbing one of my hands with his.

"Of course babe. I needed to make sure you were okay, that's all that matters to me." I said as I looked down at our hands a smile appearing on my face.

"I love you Mya." He said

I looked back up to look at his beautiful face. I gave his hand a hard squeeze to let him know I loved him too.

...

As we both anxiously sat waiting in the pickup line at the airport for Colson to come out, we sat in a comfortable silence, Pete cracking jokes here and there.

I looked out my window that faced the airport entrance doors when I saw Colson walking out.

"Pete he's here." I said excitedly turning back to him as I shook his shoulders.

I opened the car door stepping out onto the ground as Pete walked over to my side standing besides me. I watched as Colson walked over to Pete and I. I let him and Pete have their little "bro moment" and once that was finally over Colson came up to me coming in for a hug.

"Oh my God what's up Mya it's been so long." He said stepping out of the hug.

"I know, I've been good." I said smiling

As Colson and I caught up, Pete put his bags into the trunk of the car and we then all piled in. I let Colson sit in the passenger seat next to Pete, so I sat in the middle seat of the back row.

I quietly admired the two friends as they laughed and caught up. They were truly like brothers.

"So how's work been going?" Colson asked turning around to face me, bringing me out of my trance.

"Oh... it's been good, busy but good." I said with a tired smile. "How bout you?" I questioned him

"Same, busy but good." He said turning back around.