28

"You sure you're ready for this?"

It was now the next day, the day I would be meeting up with Mika to talk everything over. The entire morning Pete has been making it very known that he wants to make sure I'm making the right decision. And though I had assured him plenty of times that I was ready, he still had to look out for me.

"God yes Pete I'm sure! Now let's go before I end up being late." I say laughing and walking towards the front door of my apartment.

"I'm just looking out for you." He says joining me by the door

"I know, and I love you for that." I say kissing him on the lips before turning back to open the door, and stepping out into the long hallways.

"I love you too." Pete says smiling as he walks with me to the elevator.

"Now, are you ready to look at some apartments?" I ask Pete, smiling as we wait for the elevator.

"I've been waiting for this moment ever since we got together." He says back to me as we both make our way into the elevator that brings us down to the lobby of the apartment building.

It was unfortunate that I wasn't able to go with Pete to look at our future home, but I had complete trust in him and I knew he had fairly good judgment. So I wasn't that worried.

We walk hand in hand to the parking garage and over to Pete's car which was parked next to my own.

I climb into the passenger seat and immediately plug my phone into the aux chord so I could beat Pete at playing music.

"Please play something good." He pleads as he pulls out from the parking spot, out of the garage where lines of cars were parked, and onto the busy streets of New York.

"Please no matter how many times you say you "hate listening to Billie Eilish" doesn't mean I don't see you secretly singing along to every word." I say laughing as I shuffle the playlist we had made together

"Listen I never said I "hated" her, for one I think she is very talented, but she also isn't the best musician out there." He shrugs, tapping the fingers to the music against the steering wheel.

"Nah I just think your jealous because I said that she was my celebrity crush."

"Well I mean you are engaged to a celebrity right now so yeah I might get a little jealous when you call someone else your celebrity crush." He says laughing and looking over towards me for a second.

"I mean I'm not gonna lie if she were to ever ask me out one day I would say yes." I say laughing

"Yeah okay just don't come back to me crying when you realized you loved me more."

We both are laughing when he pulls into a parking spot outside of Mika's apartment building. We were originally just planning to meet at some coffee place but we then both decided that coming over to one of our places would feel more comfortable.

"Alright well good luck babe. If anything happens don't hesitate to call or text." Pete says turning in his seat to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I will, now don't worry and make sure if you think you find the apartment of our dreams to text me pictures." I say smiling

"Will do, now go before your late."

"Bye love you." I say opening the passenger side door and stepping out of the car and onto the sidewalk.

"Love you more." He says chuckling as I blow him a kiss and make my way towards the front entrance of the building.

I could feel as my palms were beginning to clam up and feel sweaty. I rubbed them against the jeans I was wearing as I waited for the elevator.