30

7 months later...

My eyes flutter open stinging from the bright light coming in from the window in Pete and I's  bedroom. A wide smile is spread across my face almost immediately.

I turn to look at Pete who was already awake on his phone.

"Good morning soon to be husband." I say

Pete turns his phone off, setting it on his lap and looks over to me.

"Last day before your stuck with me forever, you sure you want to commit to that?" He asks teasing me.

"I'm pretty sure I commited when we first became friends."

The both of us laugh which then trails off into a comfortable silence. I move so I'm able to lay my head against Pete's bare chest.

He starts running his fingers through my hair which could send me back into a sleepy trance.

"One more day..." Pete says quietly almost like he is in disbelief.

"You excited?" I ask already knowing his answer

"Are you fucking jokingly of course I'm excited I'm marrying the most perfect human being ever known to exist."

I laugh and rest my hands across my stomach.

"Good cause I was worried Colson might've talked you out of it during your bachelors party." I giggle

"Shut up he loves you Mya."

"I know."

Again, silence begins to linger and I turn so I'm looking up at Pete. I admire his perfect features as he stares at me. I felt like I was falling in love with him all over again.

We both lean in and our lips connect in a slow passionate kiss. Minutes go by as we make out slowly and I pull away before anything further can happen.

"I don't think the bride and groom are supposed to have sex the day before their wedding." I say looking into Pete's desperate eyes.

He scoffs, "who the fuck said that?"

I laugh and shake my head

"I don't know but isn't like bad luck or something?" I continue laughing as Pete stares at me more confused then ever.

"Who gives a fuck! Nobody needs to know." He says before dipping his head down to my neck, leaving soft kisses.

Giggling, I put a hand on his chest and I gently push him away.

"Just in case." I say smiling, referring to what I said about it being bad luck.

"Yeah okay." He says chuckling and kissing my forehead before pulling me back into his chest.

"Ya know what's crazy?" Pete says as he resumes his brushing through my hair with his fingers.

"Hmm?"

"I didn't want to date you for the longest time."

I laugh out of disbelief, "that feels nice." I say sarcastically and laughing

"No, no I obviously don't feel like that now but when we first became friends I couldn't even imagine myself with you."

"Well you were engaged." I say

"Yeah but even after that ended I still couldn't, and then one day everything just clicked."

"Yeah?"

"I remember the exact moment." He says and I can hear the smile on his face.

"Tell me." I say softly eager to hear his story.