Ch. 23 We Stick Together

Everyone sat around all attention on Alain who hasn't said a word since they got into the pokemon center. Emily and Ash were the two most impatient out of everyone as they waited for Alain to speak.

Alain rubbed his hands on his trousers, actually feeling nervous for the first time in a while. He let out a deep breath then looked at everyone. "I have been watching lately from a distance. After the last time I spoke with Eleanor...she really opened my eyes to what has been going on." Alain said remembering Eleanor screaming in his face but he never understood what she meant until he saw it with his own eyes.

The main thing that opened his eyes was seeing Aria's Corpse being buried. It wasn't something he liked to remember, the image haunted his dreams for weeks. Getting the police involved seemed the smartest move to make, but not with Lysandre. Lysandre was the kind of man to get families involved and ruin people's lives before you could even make one phone call to the police. Everyone knew this situation had to stay under the radar, they couldn't put no one they loved in danger.

"Aria is dead." Alain said so calm, his body stiff as he listened out for anyone's response. No one said a word. Shock was the main reaction mixed with confusion on everyone's faces. Serena held her head in her hands and shook her head not wanting to believe and stood up.

"N-no...she can't be! We just performed-..."

"That was an illusion by the pokemon Zoroark. They had to cover their tracks. For whatever they have planned they can't have no hiccups in the way. Aria's death is a major hiccup." Alain said running his fingers through his hair yanking slightly feeling a headache in his head start to form. He didn't sign up for this, he just wanted to become stronger.

"D-did you.....ummm did you..." Alexandra started but couldn't find the right way to ask the unthinkable question. 

Alain shook his head. "I had no part in killing her....all I saw was her being buried. I also doubt Eleanor killed her. She hasn't hurt anyone...yet." Alain was quick to defend himself and Eleanor.

Emily's leg was shaking as she heard everyone talk. She finally stood up narrowing her eyes at Alain. "You said you had a plan!? Can we hear about this big plan?" Emily snapped tired of the stalling.

Alain wasn't phased by the outburst as he understood the reason behind it. He nodded and gestured for Emily to sit back down. She rolled her eyes but took a seat anyway. Alain sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Its kind of obvious, what seems to be the source of the evil energy to Eleanor is that crystal that's on that crown. If we can ambush her and get it off we can stop her. Plain and simple." Alain sat back crossing his arms. "The crystal is like a keystone it holds the energy to power up what is inside her."

"You act like that's the easiest thing in the world! May I remind you of the stone turning bird she keeps around? I don't know about you, but I do not want to become a museum artifact." Victoria scoffed.

"I never said it would be easy, but I am willing to try. I have to do this." Alain looked down at the ground his fists clenching in his lap.

"You must really care about her." Serena said placing her hand on his shoulder.  Alain didn't say a word but nodded.

"Well what are we waiting for!?" Emily stood up.

Meanwhile

Eleanor stood in Lysandre Cafe sitting at the bar having a soda. She blended in with the people doing some investigation of where the pokemom league was being held. No one knew where, it hasn't been announced yet. She was the main reason and it amused her how they think they could hide it from her.