Sugarcane(grian)

TW: Stress, light hair pulling

Season: 7

***

Why won't it grow? Grian thought, crouching next to the sugarcane, narrowing his eyes as if his annoyed gaze would somehow make the stupid plant grow. "Ugh, come on!" He groaned, sitting back, "It's been like—5 minutes? Surely sugarcane doesn't take this long to grow, this is absurd!"

He'd been wanting to test out his sugarcane farm, however a certain something wasn't cooperating. He really didn't have the time for this. "Please," He begged the plant, "I will give you—all of my diamonds. All of them. How does that sound?"

No reply, of course.

"What if I made you your own mansion? Would that get you to grow?"

Silence.

"Oh come on, I don't have time for this!" He let out an exaggerated groan and rubbed his temples, growing stressed.

Grian continued to try and negotiate with the sugarcane but no matter what he did it simply refused to grow, most of the other ones in the contraption had already grown to maximum capacity, and it seemed like this singular one was trying to mock Grian in a sorts. He was tempted to just destroy it and plant a new one, but he'd already waited this long—he might as well commit.

He was stressed, grabbing at his hair lightly and glaring at the reed, although he was recording—he couldn't really show his frustration on camera. One of the "fun" perks of being a content creator.

The sky began to darken as stars starting popping up and the horizon turned a deep red color, and bdubs wasn't online, which means night would get a chance to come and with Grian forgetting to light up the area he was around, it was inevitable mobs would soon overwhelm him. Already having too much to deal with—yes, the singular sugarcane—Grian decided he didn't want to risk injury from mobs for one stupid plant.

He hopped off the redstone contraption, using his feathery elytra to gracefully glide down and land with no fall damage, and placed his bed down, laying in it.

He was awoken by the sound of redstone components moving and instantly shot up, dawn light already flooding into the massive hole.

"It grew!" Grian gasped, scrambling out of bed to jump up onto the machine and watch as it moved across all the grown sugarcane, breaking the top parts off.

"All that waiting, and it grew when I was asleep!"