Full Moon(Grian)

TW: mentioning of astral bodies colliding, space

Season: 8

SURPRISE! Guess who's back to updating :)))

***

"The moon is big." A quizzical voice spoke, breaking the long silence that had resided in the fairly empty room for quite a while now. The owner of the voice was none other than our beloved hermit Grian, who stood in the center of the room with his neck craned upwards and index finger hugging his chin.

The moon was indeed big, with no given reason as to why. The growth wasn't instant however, but instead it was steadily growing larger and larger with each given day. That was what Grian was concerned about. Every day he would stand in the middle of his observatory, neck strained upwards uncomfortably to measure the moon's alarming growth, and every day the moon proved to grow larger.

There were many theories swirling around in Grian's head: perhaps it was simply one of the hermits like Doc breaking minecraft again, it wouldn't be the first time. Though that theory was unlikely, seeing as the moon's size wasn't the only odd thing occurring on the server. Gravity was becoming weird, and violent earthquakes shook more frequently as the days went by. Of course another theory was one Mumbo had suggested to the Mooners, that the astral body was simply sad the hermits often slept the night away.

Grian recalled that happening in a certain pony cartoon he'd once seen.

Though a more realistic option plagued Grian's mind, that the moon was being pulled in by gravity. That would suggest it would collide with the planet, right?

Grian shuddered at the thought, pushing it to the back of his mind and stepping away from the middle of the room. He didn't fancy thinking about a gigantic space rock smashing into his home and killing everything.

Despite having no lights, the empty room was fairly well lit by the moon, but it didn't stop mobs from spawning. Grian shoved a zombie out the window and watched it tumble down, disintegrating into rotten flesh. He sighed, climbing up the very same window and stepping out into the night.

Elytra spread, Grian glided down to the front of Midnight Alley gracefully, careful not to use any rockets—he didn't want to wake any sleeping hermits, after all. Grian hummed the familiar tune of his speed-build music as he strolled into the magical alley. The hiss of a charged creeper greeted him, and he smiled and waved happily to the trapped creature. He continued down the road, allowing his thoughts to wander yet again.

The moon is big. I hope Mumbo is right, and it's friendly.

He paused, laughing at the thought. "Friendly moon."