No Friends In The Game, You Ain't Learned That Yet

A/N: So, my semester is starting this upcoming weekend, so uploads will probably be sparse, but I will try to get some in when I can.

Anissa's POV

Donna and I rocked out to late 90s and early 2000s hits as she assisted me in packing up hair supplies and wigs to send to black salons out in Compton. We had been out in the shop since five this morning, and it was approaching 1 o'clock. We had taken a break, helping Donna with her school application to Lakeshore. She seems to be more upbeat, a little more youth to her spirit. I didn't expect her to catch on quickly to the bleaching process of wigs, but I stand amazingly corrected.

"Are you going to the party tonight with the boys?" Donna asked, sealing one of the five boxes of products.

I hunched my shoulders, unsure about my answer as labeled. "I don't know... ever since that accusation that they insinuated about me with the Niners, my soul hasn't been up to be around them," I said.

"And Chibs? You don't have to answer." She said, moving on to the next box.

"Chibs and I are good. We had a heart-to-heart, so no hard feelings on my part." I replied.

"That explains why Jax has been moody for the past few days. I think Opie mentioned that he has been trying to talk to you." Donna said with no real intent behind it, just stating facts about the situation.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "The only reason I saw Jax yesterday was because he is the father to my niece, and I went to see her. I can admit I gave him the cold shoulder." I explained, chuckling.

Donna laughed as she finished taping the boxes. "Listen, this is not me coming to their defense and excusing their behavior. I know I would feel the same way, but they do participate in illegal activities, so earning that trust and loyalty will be a hurdle for you, but once you earn your way in... they're your big dysfunctional family. Even though I wish in a perfect world, Opie wasn't a part of that life, and the guys have filled a void in the absence of my own family." Donna said. I walked over to help her load some of the boxes on the wagon to take to my company van.

"I can respect that, but it doesn't mean I want to jump in the fray, especially if Clay is there. He is definitely on my shit list forever. There is no coming back from there." I explained, not missing Donna's slight flinch as I went over to prop open the door, feeling the heat of the sunshine through the glass pane. The dry breeze was a slap to the face on top of the 90-degree weather.

"Clay has never been my favorite person. There is something about him... stay out of his way, AJ." Donna fidgeted as she rolled the cart to the back of the truck. "Anyways, Opie harassed me into going, so I'll be there to be mental support." Donna returned to her happy disposition, pushing her pixie hair out of her face.

I stayed quiet for a second, reflecting on how Donna acted; something familiar about her mannerisms. I pushed the thought to the back of my head for another time. I smiled brightly, easing into comfortable waters. "So, how are you and Opie? I heard someone was super late to a meeting at the garage yesterday." I wagged my eyebrows naughtily, causing Donna to scoff out a laugh, with hers reddening from embarrassment.

"I have to say that I was definitely in my head, and it was so good, I can't even lie! But even though we have some work to do to get back to us, we finally talked, and it has been so long since we've been honest with each other. This weekend, Opie and I will sit down and make lists of what we both want to see each other work on, and if he doesn't have to do any runs, we are going out on a date! Jax is going to watch the kids for us on Saturday night." Donna explained.