I'm Thinking about the title.😩

Anissa's POV

I finally left the emergency department in Charming with a gloomy Shila following behind me. I limped to the car, wincing every few steps. Shila beat me to the car, slamming her door on the way in. I bit my tongue to keep from snapping as Luke already chewed her out. I had just closed my door when I heard familiar rumblings of motorcycles descending the street. "Please, God..." I mumbled as I hoped any of them looked over to this parking lot and noticed my car. I sighed with relief when they disappeared into the distance. Donna had promised to keep Opie from spilling the beans, but I don't know how long that would last. I turned over the ignition, pulling onto the side street. We drove for five minutes before I thought it was a good time to break the ice.

"You want to tell me what the hell is going on?" I said, coming to a stop at the light. Shila remained tight-lipped, continuing to stare out the window.

"I'm talking to you, Shila. Don't make me repeat myself." I said, sparing a glance.

"Oh, now we want to talk in a civilized tone?! How funny!" Shila said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

One. Two. Three. I had to count to keep from going off, as most of this anger stemmed from earlier with the earlier fight with Toni. "You don't get to play the victim in this role when I have said repeatedly to stop pulling these types of stunts. You know better. A black girl, dark skin at that, wouldn't get ¼ of the resources your father had to pull to search for you. But the county won't complain because Luke's family is influential." I stated angrily as I turned onto the county road leading straight to Chib's home.

Shila frowned nastily. "Stop throwing that shit in my face. I'm very much aware of my privilege. Thank you very much. It's not my fault that America is built on shit values." Shila huffed, turning back to the window, leaning her head against the window. "I just needed my sister... you. But you're just like them, never listening." She mumbled with a sniffle.

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes as the last thing I wanted to do was play family therapist. "Well, I'm listening now." I turned left over to the gravel driveway, driving straight back towards the garage.

"I don't feel like talking. I want to go to bed." Shila said. I parked closer to the internal door that connects to the house.

"OK, fine. Please stay in the car and lock the doors behind me. I'll get you in a few minutes. Don't argue." I glared as she went to argue. I got out of the car and closed the garage door. I went to the internal door, jiggling the knob to ensure it was locked. With one more glance back towards Shila, who just had her eyebrow arched out of curiosity, I stepped into the kitchen as it was pitch dark. I hit the kitchen light to my left, slightly illuminating the living room. I extracted my snubbed nose revolver from my holder and systematically worked how Chibs taught me through the house.

It didn't take me more than a few minutes before I was back in the garage, where Shila was knocked out of sleep. I huffed as I made my way to her side of the car. I knocked twice, causing her to jump with fright. I opened the door. "Okay, kid, we can go in." Shila sighed before getting out of the car slowly. "I'll grab your bag; just head to the right of the kitchen."

"Ok." She stumbled slowly through the entrance, going the way I told her. I went to the back seat, grabbed her suitcase, and closed the door behind me.
​I set the suitcase at the door and walked into the kitchen to pull out my Ruffles. I peeked into the guest bedroom not to find my sister, only to see her sprawled out across my bed, snoring like a mammoth. "Bruh," I whispered. She is such a brat. I shook my head, not even going to attempt to wake her up. I slipped off her last shoe and swung her straight into the bed. I pulled back the covers to tuck her in. I pulled out a pair of Chibs' sweatpants with a tank top for sleep. I took a quick shower and washed my hair as well. I yawned my way through blow-drying my hair, proceeding to braid it. I tossed the covers to the side, climbing into the bed. I turned Roku on, hitting up the Hulu app. I immediately searched out Attack On Titans. I barely made it 10 minutes into the episode.

I frown out of confusion as I feel something crunch under me. I woke from a sleepy state to see crunched Ruffles on the bed. "Fuck." I whispered harshly as I rolled back, almost rolling out of the bed. "Shit. Shit. Shit, whew, that hurts." I said as I grabbed at the side of my head. I sat up on my elbows, looking around my room with exhaustion. I frowned, realizing the house was quiet, and Shila was no longer in the room. I winced as I got up from my bed to walk to the edge of the hall, seeing the sun shining through the window. "Shila?!" I called out, getting no response in return. I approached the front windows to see my car in the gravel driveway.