One Step Forward, One Step Back

Disclaimer: I do not own any of SOA characters, nor do I own the GIFS that I use.

Anissa's POV

I didn't know what made me angrier: the fact that Gemma left me in company with tweedle dumb and jackass or the fact that they looked like they just woke up and came out of the house and now trying to prep food for Thanksgiving for tomorrow. One of the girls shrieked with horror as the turkey's neck fell out, almost dropping the turkey on the floor. The other one was attempting... Let me repeat this for the imaginary audience in my mind: ATTEMPTING to make Baked Macaroni with Kraft. Everything I was taking in was giving me anxiety.

I finally jumped up when the one handling the turkey reached for the seasoning before cleaning and prepping it. "Okay, everyone out of the kitchen. Please watch Nyla. She needs someone on her level to play with." I said, taking the turkey out of the pan and placing it in the sink. I grabbed the kid Mac and tossed it down the garbage disposal. The girls shuffled out of the kitchen with relief, happily calling for Nyla.

    It didn't take long before I had the three turkeys cleaned, seasoned, sealed, and put in the wall oven at a low roast. I looked up to see Kip peeking his head in from the backyard. "Kip, perfect timing! You got some time that you can spare?" I asked, drying my hands.

 "Kip, perfect timing! You got some time that you can spare?" I asked, drying my hands

Kip nodded, looking wide-eyed at the organized mess that I had going on. "Yeah, what can I do for you? Gemma sent me over to help the girls." Kip explained, looking around for them.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled out a list for him. "Can you run to market and grab these items for me? Pretty please!" I fluttered my eyes with a sweet smile to match.

Kip's cheeks blushed as he looked down at the list, hands shaking. I held my giggle as he read over it.

"Ummm, what is collard greens?" Kip asked curiously, but I gasped as I pulled back in shock.

"Kip, please tell me you had greens before?!" I asked in seriousness.

He shook his head with a nervous 'no.' I sighed in heartbreak. "You will find collard greens in the produce section, usually near the spinach." I explained, ripping open the elbow macaroni as I saw the stock pot was boiling. I sprinkled the salt and dumped the two boxes of the pasta.

"Okay... what is salt pork?" Kip asked.

"You tortured soul," I mumbled.

*************************************************************************************************************

"There's some hoes in the house! There's some hoes in the house!" Kim, Sadie (The girls from earlier) and I sang. I gave them the duty to chop the vegetables for the dressing. Under my direction, Kip made the potato salad as I finished prepping the Baked Macaroni N Cheese. Once I started dropping it like it was hot, which it was, Kip skittered off to the backyard to start up the charcoal grill.