Trust Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own SOA; otherwise, there would have been a lot more black women :)

A/N: Before clinical, I had some free time to work on a chapter, so here we go.

Let's all take a moment to congratulate our Stallion on her three Grammys!!

I want to take a moment to comment on the Grammys that annoy me every year. We can all say that the Grammys are politicized, and the show's integrity is not there. But I hate when artists say that the Grammys don't matter because, in my mind, you are spitting on past black artists who paved the way for any of them to sit in.

Another thing is that the Grammys and BET Awards are white media, and you can't tell white people how to run their shows. Hence, it surprises me that all these seasons, black artists like Beyonce, Jay Z, Dr Dre, and so on haven't teamed up and invested in creating a black music academy show to uphold the integrity of music.

Ultimately, if we don't have that, the Grammys will remain a goal for most artists because they don't have any prestigious competition, and they will continue to be politicized as long as they exist.

In my eyes, the Grammys don't dictate talent, I.E., Nicki Minaj. With that being said, people need to stop being mad and criticizing Megan for blowing up on scenes and being popular because 2020 was Megan's year, and there is no questioning that!

Leave a comment and tell me your opinion about the Grammy's

Anissa's POV

I gave my best menacing glare as Chibs ripped off the covers, making sure to hiss my discontent. "Oh, can you STOP?!" I yelled to get the cover back, but he tossed it on the chair. He pushed his glasses up on his head as a slight grimace appeared.

"Lass, you've been holding up in your house for the last week. I sent fucking Half Sac out here like ten times to check on you, and you haven't been answering your door. The only reason I knew you were alive was from Donna. Come on, I'm taking you for lunch." Chibs argued, stepping out of the way of my kicking legs.

"No, I don't want to be bothered. Close the blinds on the way out." I mumbled, grabbing my pillow to fluff.

Chibs wasn't listening as he quickly caged me on top of the bed, straddling me. "Okay, you have two choices: Get up and get ready, or I can tickle you until you give in to my demands. Either way, I'm going to get my way." Chibs looked down with a no-nonsense look.

I fought the smile off my face as I tried to push him to the side, but his big ass wasn't budging. I sighed loudly as I removed my bonnet to toss on the night table. "Fine. And the food better be smackin'; otherwise, there will be hell to pay."

Chibs smiled, quickly kissing my lips before getting up. "While you get ready, I'll straighten up."

I lay across my bed for another five minutes before heading to the bathroom. I was already showered from the morning. Deciding to not even go with glitz and glam, natural was my route. I wet my curls and added my favorite leave-in conditioner, adding some volume to my hair.