3. Little Miss Nosy

❝ little miss nosy ❞━ FARRAH ━

━ FARRAH ━

As soon as I enter work in my light blue scrubs, I'm met with Gabe's voice. He's one of my two closest friends here but his soon to come pestering might push him lower on the list.

We met upon my first day working at Lakewood General. He shielded me from the nurse manager, Lina, who's had it out for me since then.

"So, how was it?" I send him a look as I sit behind the nurse's station and grab some charts for the physicians to grab for rounds. "That bad?"

I nod, "I'm shuddering still thinking about it." Honestly, it wasn't all that bad - most of my time was spent staring at and/or avoiding the gaze of one Mystery Man. Despite his ego, his handsomeness was enough to make me overthink.

Gabriel sighs in annoyance, "I really thought this was the one."

"This was the only one, Gabe. Where's Alyssa?" I quickly change the subject and stand from my seat. Gabriel in his matching scrubs hands me a stack of coloring books to drop off to the kids.

He shrugs, "Think she has the day off."

I fake gag, "Lucky."

"Right," He scoffs beside me as we start our drop-off mission, "Is it bad to act like a hating ass -" He cuts himself off at the sight of one of our recovering patients making her physical therapy rounds. She's pretty used to Gabe and his cursing so she just sends him a look, "I mean a hater?"

I groan, "I do not blame you. Check me when you're done." I stop at my first door while he continues on to the other end of the hall.

After knocking softly and receiving a 'come in' in return, I walk in and spot my favorite patient of all. She's a six year old Peruvian-American whose parents abandoned her at the door of the ER about a month ago. Diagnosed with sickle cell, we'd given her medications to help with the pain but due to certain situations and certain allergies that little miss Valeria has, she's had to stay in the wing a little longer.

And then, there's the case of her missing parents.

She currently has a social worker with her every minute of every day but I always make sure to check up on her whenever I can.

"Hey, sweetheart." I greet her. She's under her blanket and watching Tom and Jerry on the television, "I brought you a little something to get those gears of yours turning."

"TV can turn my gears." Her sweet voice teases as she motions to Jerry smacking the shit out of Tom.

Janelle, her social worker, chuckles, "I told you too much TV isn't good for your brain, Val."