14. Neverending Circle

❝ neverending circle ❞━ DOMENICO ━

━ DOMENICO ━

There are pro's and con's to getting close to people in my line of work. Bringing them into my world of danger is one of the latter. It's a neverending circle — they are caught in the line of fire with the enemies I've made, and I have to keep them close to me to keep them safe.

But with Farrah, it was different. Alessia informed me that the Ukrainians have gotten word of her, hence why I left her for three weeks and she was fine. And now she's pulled back into my world because I couldn't stay away from her and that fucking parking garage.

I shouldn't have followed her out there or given in to temptation.

But she looked radiant with the white dress against her glowing skin, the sheen of sweat between her breasts enticing and inviting. The way she fell apart in my arms... It was enough to warrant a cold shower when I returned to my penthouse. Her red panties rest on top of my drawer and her number glares at me from the phone in my grasp.

Water drops from the tip of my nose to my chest, rolling down the defined lines on my stomach and under the towel wrapped low around my waist.

As much as I would've liked to spend the night with her, I insisted that I drop her home and get one of my men to pick up her car tomorrow. And now, I just want to call her, text her, fuck — even pick her up and fall asleep in some secret underground bunker with her.

I fucked up. How do I keep her safe when anyone could kill her at any second? Seconds I'm not with her.

Of course, for those three weeks, I had people on her tail — even right now, I have people stationed right outside her apartment — but the Ukrainians have been known for their cunning nature and double spies.

I need more background checks on all the men we have stationed in Chicago.

I shoot the quick text to Luca and take in the instant response.

OK.

It's now three o'clock in the morning and I already miss Farrah's fire. Rather than torture myself with thoughts of her, I instead grab the manila folder with all the information Alessia gathered on the Ukrainians.

Nazar Kravetz spent time in the special forces, his arms and neck tainted with war tattoos. It would be hard to miss him on the street so I can only hope Farrah takes note of this — not that he would ever appear to do the dirty work.

Not unless the dirty work is me. I'm sure he wouldn't want to pass up a chance to look me in the eye as he exacts revenge for his assface of a brother. It runs in the family apparently. As I flip through, I'm sick at the sight of multiple crimes scenes — female body parts dumped like trash in garbage bins, the woods, and even in a dog's bowl.