22. Save Some Lives

❝ save some lives ❞━ FARRAH ━

save some lives
FARRAH

"Any crazy exes I should know about?"

Nico and I lounge in the dark, my face against his naked chest and our legs tangled together. He feathers his fingers along my back and I can feel my eyes flutter closed every now and then.

After an eventful night of mind-boggling orgasms and a couple minutes of face-sitting — which I can still feel in my legs — the clock strikes 2 AM and I can't stop running my fingers along his tattoos, despite how dark it is in my room.

He chuckles, "If there were any, you would've met." I roll my eyes playfully. "Italian women aren't the type to let go of grudges."

"Neither are Jamaican women." I retort, a smile growing on my face, "So why no exes? Or are you just really good at sussing out sane women?"

He kisses the top of my head and tightens his grip around me, "You're the first woman I've dated, Farrah." I stiffen in shock and he seems to notice it, "I was what you Americans call a... man whore."

"Was?"

"Yes." He says nonchalantly, "I didn't think I would find someone who makes my heart race like you do. I meant it when I said I've never dated to marry, because if I don't date to marry, I don't date at all."

I snort, "Is that an Italian thing?" I ask, trailing my finger down to his fit stomach. I trace his abs slowly, "Stalking women on their dates with other men and sweeping them off their feet for marriage?"

He huffs out in amusement, "Just you." He pauses, "And maybe my next wife."

The laugh that escapes me matches his as we chuckle together in harmony. "Is that before or after we have our seventeen kids and get a house with a vineyard in the back?"

"Seventeen?" He questions jokingly, "Thought we agreed on twenty."

"Eh, I like the oddity of it." I laugh and shift to lay directly on top of him. With my breasts pressing against his pecks, I feel as he moves his hands to grip my waist. The sheet falls from my back to pool at my hips and I can feel as he hardens yet again. "We can start with Valeria."

He smiles in awe and kisses me, "You want to adopt her?"

I nod, "I never thought I'd have kids — it's not my thing — but she's special. And now that she's on the list for a liver, we might have a chance to be a little family."

"Now you sound like an Italian." He pokes my hip and I laugh.

And as much as I might sound like I'm joking, I'm actually serious. I've gone through too many years seeing that little girl cry over what she feels is her being alone. She's not alone, as Nico said.