3 - Golden eyes

[Minjung's POV]

I walked with Beomgyu towards the library as school had ended. He didn't want me to be alone with three strangers so he stubbornly followed me. I saw the three boys already sitting at a table as I walked up to them and took the last seat.

"I'll be around if you need me." He said as he stood behind me with his arms on my shoulders. He pecked the top of my head before he started to slowly walk away.

"Yah don't touch me like that you pervert!" I yelled after the boy before turning back to the table. They were looking at me with surprised expressions. I smiled back at the awkwardly over the scene that I had just caused.

"My name is Chong Minjung, I hope we can get along during our project." I introduced myself with a small bow as I smiled at the group.

"Woah your name literally means noble. Amazing!" The blonde boy exclaimed surprisingly as he covered his mouth. I tilted my head as I didn't know what he talked about.

"I'm Ni-ki." He simply said while still looking shocked. He reminded me of a younger brother.

"I'm Jungwon." The boy next to him said while smiling, showing off his bunny teeth.

"Sunghoon." The last one shortly replied while giving off a cold expression unlike the rest. I pulled out my notebook about supernatural phenomenon.

"I'm kind of a supernatural nerd. Do you guys specifically have something in mind for the project?" I asked as I shyly started to browse around in my book. The table was silent as they all monitored my movements.

"Is it okay if I choose? If you don't have a specific topic in mine." I asked as I tried to scan their faces. They all looked at each other before nodding. I smiled back at them before I searched around in my book.

"How about vampires?" I asked as I turned over to the page about vampires. I knew everything about vampires from movies and books. I had read every single book about them and watched every movie at least twice. Jungwon's ears turned red while Ni-ki gulped.

"Do you guys not like it? I suggested it as I'm very knowledgeable about them." I simply said while waiting for a response. They nervously looked at each other with worried eyes.

"It sounds good. We can focus on vampires." Jungwon said as he nodded at my idea. I lit up as I scooted closer to them to show my notebook, I suggested different movies that we could watch for the analyzing part.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

We were done deciding the topic and movie after an hour. They were not very talkative but they gave their own ideas. We decided to watch the movie together at their place this weekend as they all apparently lived together. I stood up as I pulled out my phone to call Beomgyu. Ni-ki who had been sitting on my right side at the round table saw the caller id. He spoke up before I could make the call.

"Who is Beomgyu to you? I always see you two together." He curiously asked. I looked up at the boy who stood right beside me, lifting an eyebrow as he waited for my answer.

"Beomgyu? He's my best friend. We've known each other since we were kids." I answered as I smiled at the thought of my best friend.

"Did something happen yesterday when he showed you guys around? He seemed weird afterwards." I asked worriedly. The boy's eyes widened as fear struck him.

"That's not my thing to tell you. You should ask him." He said as he hurriedly walked away with the others. I stared at his slim figure until he disappeared from my sight. I looked back down at my phone as I clicked on Beomgyu's name.

We met up at the school's entrance as we started to walk towards his car. Beomgyu was doing small talk while I was deep in my thoughts as I stared in front of me.

"Minjung hello?" Beomgyu said as he grabbed my shoulder to gain my attention. I snapped back to reality to see that he looked worriedly at me.

"What happened yesterday?" I blurted out. I looked at him with concern as his eyes turned cold, no emotion showing on his face. His grip on my shoulder hardened. He turned me towards him. He stared deeply into my eyes.

"You don't remember anything that happened yesterday after school." He said while staring intensely at me. His eyes started to glow, shifting color from his soft brown eyes to a fierce gold one. I looked at him shocked as his eyes went back to normal before he lot go of me.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" I asked as he had started to walk away. He stopped in his tracks. His back was facing me as his body tensed up.

"And why did your eyes glow. Are you some kind of werewolf or something?" I asked as I giggled at my theory. Beomgyu turned around with fearful eyes. I could see that his hands were trembling. I tilted my head at the strange boy.

"Y-you saw my eyes? Do you remember what happened yesterday afternoon?" He asked with a thin voice. I nodded at both of his questions.

"Yeah how the hell do you make your eyes glow and you still haven't answered my question about what happened yesterday when you gave the exchange students a tour." I answered the fearful boy. He ran up and grabbed my wrist as he dragged me to his car. I went inside as he locked the car after he got in.

"Who are you?" He asked confusedly as he looked for a sign in my eyes. I copied his expression as I had no clue what he was talking about.

"I'm Chong Minjung? Your best friend?" I answered as I was unsure of what he meant. He started to rip off my sleeves of my top as he seemed to be searching for something.

"Where's your birthmark!?" He exclaimed as he seemed to get more confused by every second.

"I don't have any birthmarks...?" I answered as I saw his frustrated figure turn my arms in every angle as he scanned them.

"How can you resist me when you haven't even awakened?" The boy in the other seat seemed to have gone mad. Despair was written all over his face as he stared at me, looking for answers. I agreed with myself to call the mental hospital for his sake.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about but you're starting to scare me." I said as I wanted my best friend back. The boy in front of me was not him. He let go of me as he started the car.