17 - Dusk noblesse

[Heeseung's POV]

I blinked twice as I was pushed against the wall by Beomgyu. His grip was on my throat as he lightly chocked me. My vision turned red as I unwillingly shifted, the boy in front of me did the same as his eyes turned gold.

"Don't mess around with me, vampire. I could kill you right here and now. Minjung doesn't need you anyway as I can see that she already has lots of other bonds." He threatened me as his grip on my throat got tighter. He suddenly released me, making me slide down against the wall until I hit the floor. I felt a heavy pressure that was almost vibrating in the air. I looked up as my vision was blurry. I saw Minjung standing in front of me protectively. Her thoughts were all over the place but one thing was sure. She was mad.

The pressure was too much as Beomgyu fell on the floor in front of her. The dishes on the table started to clink as they were vibrating, the lamp in the living room started to slowly swing as the lights flickered. His eyes were wide as he stared at the girl. 'She can't be...' Was the only thing that ran through Beomgyu's mind over and over again. The pressure suddenly left the air as Minjung started to loudly cry.

"I hate you so much!" She yelled as she angrily walked towards her bedroom before harshly shutting the door. Beomgyu was left on the floor as he stared at the wall. Jay walked up to me as he helped me stand up.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

[Beomgyu's POV]

I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. I don't know what had gotten to me. I shouldn't have acted that way. I slowly stood up as I turned around to the group.

"I'm sorry Heeseung." I apologized as I slightly bowed towards him. I quickly walked towards Minjung's room before he could accept my apology. I needed to explain everything to her. I needed to know what had just happened in the living room. I softly knocked on the door as her sobs stopped by the sound. I opened the door while I peeked my head inside. Her eyes were glowing, indicating me that she was still angry. I avoided her gaze as I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

I sat down at the end of her bed as she moved further up, getting stopped by the bed frame. She put her knees up to her chest as she held herself.

"That pressure..." I started. She stared into my nervous eyes, looking for answers.

"Y-You're a dusk noblesse." I said nervously. Her face turned into a confused frown. Her eyes seemed to be on fire as they were glowing unnaturally bright.

"And what the hell does that mean!?" She shouted, getting angrier by every second that passed.

"You were born from the evil nature, you're the purest form of a noblesse. That's why you need to feed so much every day, you need much more energy than a dawn noblesse. You're literally supposed to become a demon lord." I quickly explained. Her eyes were burning rose gold. My grandmother had told me stories about how the 'dusk' were common in the older days. She had told me not to worry about them as they hadn't been spotted for decades.

"I don't know what kind of prank you're trying to pull but that sounds like utter bullshit." She said as she glared at me. I sighed as I stood up and walked over to her bookshelf. I pulled out the book I gave her about the noblesse as I skimmed through it. I got to the chapter about a noblesse's different natures and shoved it up in her face. She took the book as she read it. Her eyes turned back to her chocolate brownie eyes as she tensed up.

"A-am I evil?" She asked with a fragile voice. I hugged her while stroking her hair. Her soft sobs were the only thing that could be heard in the room.

"You don't need to be Minnie." I assured her while I felt tears form in my own eyes. Luck was never on my side in life.

"It will be hard for you to not cross the line to the other world but I will try my best to keep you here, with me." I said as I comforted her. There was not way that I would let her cross the line.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

[Minjung's POV]

It was Monday again as I sat on the buss to school. Beomgyu had left town for a week to visit his grandma about my kind. He told me that a noblesse who belonged to the dusk hadn't been spotted for a few decades.

I slowly walked inside the school's building. The bus arrived half an hour earlier as usual. I walked inside the library to sort out my thoughts. I sat down at a table and pulled out my notebook alongside every single book that Beomgyu left me with. I made a mind map, trying to figure out how to not become a demon lord apparently.

"Hey noona." A familiar voice greeted me behind me. I turned around as I saw Ni-ki standing there while he smiled widely at me. I waved at him as he took a seat beside me.

"What are you doing- Wow, your face is so pale today noona. Did you eat enough food yesterday? Did you sleep well? Are you stressed?" He asked with a concerned tone. Eat. I widened my eyes at the boy. I forgot to feed yesterday. Beomgyu had told me specifically to feed every day as I needed to stay the same while he was gone. Ni-ki kept smiling at me as he waited for an answer.

"I-I didn't feed yesterday..." I admitted to the younger boy. He looked shocked at me as his face turned red. The atmosphere fell silent as we stared at each other. He harshly gulped.

"You can feed on me if you want, I wanna be useful for you noona." He said quietly. He nervously took off his jacket as he pulled down his shirt by the neck.

"I will be gentle, okay?" I assured him as he nodded. He shut his eyes closed and turned his body towards me as I leaned closer to him. I gently kissed his neck as I started to devour him. He smelled like the sweetest strawberries you could find. Whimpers could be heard from the boy as he gripped the back of his chair for support. His breathing was heavy as I pulled away, only taking as much from him as I needed for the rest of the day. He looked at me, revealing his strawberry colored eyes. It looked like he was going to faint any second.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned as the boy never left me with his gaze. He nodded as he smiled at me, showing off his white fangs.

"Y-yeah, it was just a bit intense." He answered while laughing. I smiled before turning back to my books. Ni-ki held me company for the rest of the time as he tried to help me gather information.

I walked with Ni-ki towards my locker as he wouldn't leave me the whole morning. It felt nice to have a friend beside me when Beomgyu was away. We arrived at my locker as I put in all the heavy books. I felt a pair of arms sneak around my waist. I looked up to be met by Heeseung staring down at me.

"Good morning." He simply said as he beamed me a smile. Was he always this clingy? Or was it because Beomgyu wasn't here. I was deep in thought as I saw his face shift into a frown.

"Could you try to not read my thoughts?" I giggled at him as his expression softened. He let go of me as I turned around.

"Why wouldn't I want to read your thoughts? I want to know everything about you!" He exclaimed. I playfully rolled my eyes at him before heading to class.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Lunch break arrived as I walked towards the cafeteria while thinking about Beomgyu. I really missed him. I saw Chunsun in the corridor as I waved at him to catch his attention. He looked surprised as he walked up to me.

"Do you want to eat lunch together?" I boldly asked the younger boy. His eyes widened as he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He pointed at himself in disbelief. I nodded at him as I linked our arms, dragging him towards the cafeteria.