18 - Purple orbs

[Minjung's POV]

I sat down at an empty table with the flustered boy. He had been blushing the whole time as he now nervously ate his food. I smiled at him before I dug in.

"Do you have any hobbies?" I asked as I tried to start a conversation. He looked up at me, surprised that I talked to him. He thought about my question for awhile.

"I like to go for runs, I also like-" Chunsun got interrupted as several chairs were dragged out beside us. Sunghoon sat down beside me as he put his arm over my shoulders before giving me a quick peck on the cheek. I looked at him disgusted before shaking off his arm. I ignored them as I wanted to get to know Chunsun.

"What were you going to say? I'm sorry that you got interrupted by these jerks." I apologized on the behalf of my friends. He nervously glanced at them before turning his gaze back to me.

"I was gonna say that I also like the nature noona." He answered while smiling at me. I nodded at his likings.

"I guess that you're in the athletic club?" I asked. He eagerly nodded at my question as his eyes seemed to shine by my question.

"We're having a competition against another school later today." He shyly said as his eyes went to the floor. His figure seemed to turn nervous again, almost anxious.

"What are you doing here with me then? You should be practicing!" I laughed. I didn't want to be a burned for his important day. He quickly looked up at me in disbelief.

"I'd rather eat with you than practice..." He simply answered as he smiled sweetly at me. I noticed that the rest of the table had gone quiet.

"What time is it? Can I come and watch? I really wanna cheer you on as a thanks for eating with me." I said while flashing him a smile. The poor boy got even more flustered as his cheeks seemed to explode at any moment.

"It starts at 3 pm." He answered as he nervously played with his hands. I nodded at the time before I started to eat again. I turned my attention towards the rest of the boys who looked at me in disbelief before they started to chat again.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

I walked towards the sports field to get a good seat. I sat down on the stand as I pulled out my phone. It was still a few minutes left until it started. I saw Chunsun warming up on the field. I waved at him as I tried to catch his attention. He waved back at me before a few boys around him saw us. They seemed to tease him as he playfully pushed them before smiling.

I suddenly felt the smell of cherry blossoms on my right side while my left side smelled like dark chocolate. I didn't even need to turn my head towards them to know who it was. I sighed loudly.

"Why are you two here?" I asked defeatedly.

"Can't we enjoy the competition as we're rooting for our schoolmates?" Sunghoon asked, faking that he was surprised by my question. He put his arm around my shoulders as he gently leaned me to his side. I looked at Jay for help. He shrugged at me.

"He's the second bond what do you want me to do?" He asked while holding up his hands defeatedly.

"But you're older!" I whined back at him. A lightbulb seemed to have lit up on top of his head as he realized the situation.

"That's true, yah Sunghoon. Let go of Minjung." He demanded the younger boy. Sunghoon rolled his eyes at him before he let go of me.

"I'll give you some special treatment." I thanked Jay as he blushed. His eyes flashing red for a second out of excitement. Sunghoon was huffing in annoyance on the other side.

My attention once again landed on Chunsun as he got ready on the tracks. It was announced through the speakers that it was his turn to compete against the other school. His aura looked totally different. He didn't look like the shy and nervous kid that I knew. He was overflowing with confidence as he got into position.

He catched my gaze for a second. I smiled at him but my smile soon dropped. Did his eyes just shine purple? Am I actually going crazy? I tried to hide my confusion as I cheered him on. A loud sound echoed around the field, signaling us that the competition started. Chunsun was fast, really fast. He was at least a meter in front of the second competitor for the whole race. He finished first as I jumped up from my seat and cheered for him.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

I had left after Chunsun's race as I needed answers. I pulled out my phone and dialed Beomgyu's number. I didn't even hear a signal on the line before he picked up.

"Beomie!" I shouted happily as he picked up. I missed him so much. I smiled sadly while I lazily walked home.

"What's up Minnie?" He asked. I could hear his smile.

"I'm on my way to the bus stop, I'm going home." I simply answered. He hummed at the other side of the line.

"Does a creature with purple glowing eyes exist...?" I boldly asked. I didn't have the patience for small talk right now. I looked around to make sure that I was alone. Beomgyu went silent for a few seconds. He harshly groaned before going quiet again.

"Yes. Who is it?" He simply said. I gulped at his sudden cold tone. I argued in my head if I should tell him or not.

"It's just Chunsun. What kind of creature is it?" I asked curiously.

"Demon lord." He said breathlessly. I stopped in my tracks as my heart started to beat rapidly. There was no way that little Chunsun was a demon lord.

"Does he know?" Beomgyu continued, not giving me time to process his answer.

"No, I tried to cover up my surprised face. He was also far away so I don't think he saw me that well anyway." I assured him.

"Just try to hold some distance between the two of you. Don't get involved with him more than you need." Beomgyu demanded before he hung up. I looked at my screen surprised as the bus arrived. I got on as I was on my way to my apartment.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

I got off the bus as I started to walk towards my apartment. My eyes were on the ground the whole way home as I was deep in thought. I grabbed the handle to the building.

"Hey!" Someone shouted behind me, making me jump. I looked back startled to see Jay with a bag in his hands. I looked at him confused over what he did here.

"I brought some food. You seemed disturbed by something earlier today so I just came here to check up on you." He said while smiling warmly at me. I looked at the bag before I stared into his dark brown eyes.

"Do you wanna come in? I don't think I can eat all of that alone." I said as I held the door open for him. He gladly went inside the building as we headed towards my apartment.

I stepped inside as I turned the lights on while putting on some slippers. I took the bag with food before I went to the kitchen to plate it. We sat down at the dinner table and ate silently.

"Do you know what a demon lord is?" I asked. He choked on the food as he stared at me with wide eyes, surprised over my question. He slowly nodded.

"You don't wanna get involved with those." He simply said before he chugged a glass of water.

"Why not?" I couldn't help my curiosity. I wanted to know everything about demon lords.

"Ask Beomgyu." He shrugged at me. I groaned at him. There was no way that I could wait until Beomgyu got back. My eyes suddenly lit up with excitement.

"How about that special treatment?" I suggested for the older boy. His eyes turned red, I didn't get to react before he was already by my side.