Daichi

Will I ever love the same way again?

Will I ever love somebody like the way I did you?...

Never thought you'd be so damn hard to replace...

Do I sit this one out and wait for the next life? ....

Might not be quite yet healed or ready

____

   Your boyfriend of three years died in a car crash a few months ago.

Nothing ever prepares you for something like this.

You thought you'd both end up together forever....But life doesn't always go your way.

    It's the five month mark since his funeral. You were packing up the last few boxes from your shared apartment. Your parents and his, both came to help you move into your new apartment. You needed all the help you could get considering you had to pack up his things too, which you had trouble with.

"Well that's the last of it (Y/N) " Your mom said, grabbing the last box as she walks past you.

"We'll give you some time to say goodbye" your dad said, lightly giving you a side hug as they both closed the door for you to be alone.

   You walked around your loft looking back at all the memories you made in each room.

Him falling asleep on the couch after a long day of work.

You and him making pancakes every Tuesday morning.

Both of you watching the sunset from bed as it blinded you both in the morning.

Your countless breakdowns in the washroom after trying to conceive.

Laying down on your living room carpet, talking about nonsense and the future...

Little did you know there would be no future for you both.

"Will I ever love the same way again?" You sighed to yourself, placing the two keys on the kitchen counter.

You took one last glance at the empty apartment. Cold and white, you were closing the last chapter for this story, closing the door one last time.

You headed down the stairs to the main floor, wanting to take your time getting out of the building. You met your parents and his outside with the two moving trucks. One truck with your stuff and the other his.

You walk over to his parents, thanking them for all the help and support.

"He would've wanted you to be happy... I'm glad he had someone like you in his life" his mom said as she gave you a tight hug.

His dad joined you both, tightening the hug.

"Take care of yourself (Y/N). Don't forget, you're always welcome at our house" His dad finished, both parents giving you one final squeeze before letting go.

    Tears streamed down your face as you waved bye, knowing that this would be the last time you'd see them for a while.

    You joined your parents with your moving truck, walking to the front seat at you drove away from your once-called home.

___

Two weeks have passed since you move in.

    You finally settled in, finishing all the interior design and getting used to your apartment's new policies and rules. It felt like a fresh new start for you and this was something you really needed in order to move on from the last few months of the year.