Sugawara

Most of my stories for a while will be revamps of my really really old posts. I cringed reading most of them but at least i get a do over to fix them! :)

_____

Math was your absolute worst class. You knew that at this point in order to graduate, you could care less if you had a decent mark, all you wanted to do was pass.

"(Y/N) I know you're struggling to balance your priorities at school and work or whatever may be but you may possibly fail my class and not graduate" Your teacher signs, handing you back your test last.

Mr. Sato held you back to save you the embarrassment of announcing your grades to the class.

You look at your score and sigh to yourself as well the moment you saw your mark.

"There's no supplementary classes for the winter break before the next term starts?"

"I'm afraid supplementary classes end for third years Mrs. (L/N). But not to worry, I have a solution" Mr. Sato smiles, taking your paper back and placing it in a folder.

The door slides open and you see Sugawara Yoshi, the smartest kid in your class walk in. He smiles and waved to you both before closing the door behind him.

Sugawara had a minor crush on you and when approached by Mr.Sato to help tutor you, he couldn't refuse.

"Mr. Sugawara will be tutoring you for the remainder of the semester. You'll be getting bonus marks for every session you have with him as I'm kind enough to offer you this much...But you must put in the work!" Mr. Sato lectured, handing you books of practice questions to work on for the rest of the semester.

You both were dismissed and walked together to your lockers to change shoes as it was a few minutes after school.

"You must be getting extra credit or something for helping me" you ask, turning the corner to led the way to the stairwell.

Suga switches spots with you to make sure you're closer to the handrail to avoid falling as he would be the one to catch you if you accidentally trip.

"Oh no don't worry about it! I really don't mind to be honest...Is it okay if we meet after my practice? You probably have club obligations to go to as well so we may have an aligned schedule!" He smiled, making sure not to worry you.

"Yeah I do but no worries, I guess I'll come to the gym?"

"Perfect! We'll study in the club room or head to the library if it's open...Sometimes the boys don't clean up after themselves" Suga laughs.

You both split ways heading to your clubs for the hour and a half.

Practice ended early for you. Not a lot of your team mates showed up since the weather was gloomy today to open up the tennis court.

"A few minutes early wouldn't hurt" you said to yourself, gathering your stuff before walking to the gym where the Karasuno volleyball team usually practiced.

The door was already open so you stood by, making sure not to disturb the practice. One of the balls come flying towards you but sits the side of the door, causing you to shriek out loud. The whole team looks over to the doors, seeing you peek from behind.

"Sorry! My bad!" Asahi apologizes as he's picking up the ball that rolled outside of the door where you were standing.

"Hey Sugawara, your girlfriend's a little early" Daichi teases from the other side of the court, making the second years snicker at the captain's joke.

Suga grabs the ball from Asahi when he returns to their side and throws it at Daichi's shoulder. Suga was flustered and wasn't expecting you to show up so early while everyone was still practicing.

"(Y/N) hey...Sorry is it okay if you wait a bit? I didn't think you'd be coming so early!" Suga apologizes as he scratches the back of his head, embarrassed and worried about what his peers would be saying for the next few minutes.

You nodded and sat on the bench beside Kiyoko.

    Sugawara gave it his al throughout the practice game, trying his best to impress you but every now and then he'd fumble or set awkwardly, causing a stir amongst his team.

    After twenty minutes, the team started cleaning up and shoo'd Sugawara away so he could leave earlier. He grabbed his jacket, and quickly slipped the sleeves on before grabbing his bag,

"Sorry about the wait and the boys...They're pretty stupid at times" he nervously spoke.

"It was fun watching your practice! Don't worry, I didn't mind the wait."

    You both headed outside, feeling the cool breeze hit the both of you as you made your way to the library.
      It was chilly outside as the autumn weather already arrived in Japan. The walk from the gym to the library wasn't too far but it was still quite a walk.

    Sugawara's hands were fumbling around as he felt cold in just his scarf, gloves and Karasuno team jacket. He paused for a moment, realizing only half way through the walk that he left his gloves back at the gym.

"It's too late to go back to the gym... My hands will be frozen by the time we get there" Suga mumbled to himself as he rubbed his hands together.

"My fingers are going to fall off if we don't go back, maybe we shou—"

You interrupt Suga, grabbing his icy hands and begin to rub yours on top of his. His eyes stunned at your kind gesture.

"You didn't have to do that (Y/N) , I'm completely capable of warming up my own hands"

Suga didn't pull away though. He liked the warmth you brought to his cold fingers, incapsulating them in your protective palms.

"What if I want to hold your hands?" you quietly say, looking up to Suga as the skin on his cheeks visibly warm up.

"Hey it was me who was suppose to make the first move" Suga laughed intertwining one hand with yours as he felt warmer now.