Hinata

Slight timeskip third year spoilers

Hinata POV

    I'm not sensitive. At least I don't think I am. I only questioned this because after school, we were walking home with a couple of her friends. I knew (Y/N)'s girl friends...They were nice but some of them get on my nerves. I think it was only today when I felt uncomfortable being around them.

   We left Coach Ukai's store, only being there for a short period of time to get some snacks. I bought a few bags of chips, a few for myself for the week and a couple for (Y/N) just because. (Y/N) grabbed some canned coffee and her friends some hand rolls.

    We were walking outside, making our way over the mountain. We all lived in the same area but because of our club activities, we all don't walk home at the same time but honestly, I was okay with that. I dreaded the days when our practices would get cancelled or shortened, only for (Y/N)'s girl friends to come join our walks.

I was walking beside (Y/N) and her two other friends were on her other side, laughing and gossiping the usual.

They were really nosy....

"So (Y/N), if you could date any guy in your volleyball team this year, who would it be?" The blonde giggled.

"Yeah tell us the scoop! You've been with these boys since first year and now they're all so strong and developed and all muscles!" The brunette added on.

"So dreamy!" The blonde squealed

    (Y/N) blushed, feeling embarrassed. She knew I was on her other side pretending to mind my business but really, I wanted to know who she'd pick out of the four to date...

"Guys they're all like family to me. It's never been that way...."

"Oh oh what about Yamaguchi! He's so cute and he's the captain! Like c'mon!" The brunette said, pulling on her arm.

"No no no! Tsukishima's so tall and he's so snarky with you! He teases you all the time and he's so playful!"

(Y/N)'s two friends glanced at each other and paused for a moment, both screaming in sync.

"KAGEYAMA! UGH TOBIO'S SUCH A SOFTIE WHEN HE COMES TO YOU! HOW LUCKY!" They swooned.

     I rolled my eyes, the ace of the team was literally on (Y/N)'s other side. The coolest player was walking with them and they had the audacity to think that angry crow was perfect for (Y/N)....

Wait he's soft towards (Y/N)?

"Guys stop teasing! I'm not answering! " she raised her voice, red as a tomato.

Great, I'm gonna be walking home with the thought inside my head of Tobio being nice to only (Y/N)...Hey that explains why he's been buying her milk the past two practices this week...

     After a few minutes, we separated from her friends by the intersection of our neighbourhood. We waved bye and began to walk away, distancing ourselves from the noisy pair.

    (Y/N)'s face was slightly flushed, still being embarrassed about what her friends said earlier. She was silent but she smiled to herself, knowing that I was listening the whole time despite having my earbuds in.

"So who would you pick?" I asked, breaking the tension.

     (Y/N) glances over to me, slightly surprised that I would carry on their previous conversation. Her cheeks flushed a brighter pink.

How cute.

"Shoyo, don't worry it wasn't anything too serious...Plus my answer isn't worth the risk"

"Ahhh...So you do have an answer!" I smile, quickly stepping ahead and blocking her direction.

"No! I mean yes but it's a secret!"

I wanted to know though.

"Please! I promise it won't hurt my feelings if you don't say me...Please don't tell me it's a first year you'd consider dating" I jokingly gasp, shaking her shoulders as her whole body swayed lifelessly.

I'm lying, I'm choosing to hurt my own feelings at this point.

(Y/N) quickly shook her hands, showing worry in her eyes and actions.

"Of course not a first year! Are you crazy! It's not hurting your feelings that I'm worried about, it's your reaction that I'm worried about..." she spoke, her voice starting high and ending low, almost trying to mumble so I wouldn't hear her.

I push my arms down to my sides, confused by what she was insinuating.

"Reaction?" I question, walking backwards while still facing her.

(Y/N) signed, should I be afraid of her answer?

"I didn't answer them because you were there..."

"Ahhh so you wouldn't have picked me is what I'm hearing? It's because you like Kageyama like your friends said! " I reply enthusiastically, trying to hide the hurt behind my voice as I knew that if she didn't say me, I'd still be okay with that.

    (Y/N) was grabbing her wrists, twisting them. She was getting nervous...She always plays with her wrists and hands when she gets nervous.

"No it's not that either! I didn't answer cause I would've picked you...."

     I stop mid-walk, causing her to bump into me as she was looking at the ground for most of our walk. Her (E/C) eyes looked up at me, anxiousness quickly dilating in her pupils.

"Oh my god I shouldn't have even said that! I'm so stupid! Now our friendship is ruined and you think I'm weird and—"

    I wrap my arms around her, bringing her head gently into my chest. My heart was beating really fast. I was both excited and relieved after hearing her choose me out of her selection of boys to choose from.

   (Y/N) stayed still for a few seconds and slowly wrapped her arms around my torso, calming herself down as she wasn't shaking as much anymore.

     I had the biggest grin on my face. I bet she could feel my smile as it rested on her head.

"You worry too much" I laughed.

     We continued to walk home together. Her house would be the next one on the right and I still had ten more minutes to go, living at the next intersection after her's.

    We remained silent for the rest of the walk but it wasn't an awkward silence. It was a content silence where we both enjoyed each other's company. By the time we got to her house, (Y/N) smiled and quickly placed a peck on my cheek, waving bye as she walked to her front door.

"See you tomorrow Shoyo" she softly said before closing her door.

I stood in shock, grabbing my cheek and feeling it burn up.

     I walked home with my head held high and pranced around, swaying my arms like a crazy person, feeling so happy that a tiny action like that could make me feel so good on the inside.

She made me feel good on the inside.

_____

Author-chan's mental health is slowly going back to normal :) (someone commented author chan to me and I felt so soft. Since I don't sign off with my name, I'll refer myself to that now)

I have a class in writing so I think that might be the source of my wheels turning again but I'm still hoping you're all patient with my uploads. <3