Cruel Intentions- Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

"I called the principle of the school and reported the accident. This is absolutely unacceptable, and tomorrow we'll be viewing the video tapes to catch who did this to you." He said, his whole body language radiating anger.

These were the first words I heard as soon as my eyes were opened. Seconds later I was met by a splitting headache causing me to screw my eyes up and clutch my head.

"Can I have my pain meds before you continue on your rant?" I asked in my sleepy voice, which is very attractive since I sounded like I was croaking more than speaking.

Sal flipped his phone open. "Yes, Maria, can you bring down Liv's pain medicine. Thank you." Then snapped the phone shut again.

"Absolutely ridiculous. All that security. How could this happen?" Sal was pacing back and forth, ranting to himself, stress completely taking over his features.

"Sal, relax. I'm okay. Just a little bump. Nothing I can't handle."

"How could the teacher have not come to help you? Does he not care his student was hurt right outside his classroom door? I'm going to hunt down whoever did this to you and kill him! He has no idea..."

"SALVATORE!" I sat up and screamed Sal's full name at him before he popped a blood vessel.

Sal stopped everything; his pacing, his ranting, and turned his attention towards me.

"I. am. Fine. Just calm down, please." I finished in a whisper.

Sal ran his hand through his hair and let out a shaky breath before walking over to the bed I was in and sat down in it next to me.

"I'm sorry for going off like that, but Liv... I didn't realize how being a father to you would change everything until now." He said looking straight into my eyes with sincerity.

He wrapped an arm around me and hugged me to him. "You're my little girl now." He whispered and squeezed me tighter to his body.

He absolutely just melted my heart just now.

It has been so long since I've been called someone's little girl.

I crossed my arm across my body, around Sal, and hugged him tight.

"Thank you Sal." I began in a whisper.

"Thank you for adopting me, for taking care of me and most importantly Baize, and for just now... calling me your little girl. You are the best... replacement? Dad I could ever have asked for." I finished and snuggled in closer to Sal.

"I love hearing you call me dad. I don't think you understand how happy it makes me." The tone of his voice was filled with delight.

"Oh I think I have an idea." I laughed slightly. "So, now that you're calm... do you think we'll catch the bas..."

"Language, Liv." Sal cut me off from swearing and pulled back to give me a stern look.

I rolled my eyes and smirked at him. "Sorry dad." Sarcasm dripping in my voice.

Instead of scolding me some more, Sal's stern look turned into a one of pure happiness. He just laughed and hugged me again. "You're a dangerous little girl, Liv. You'd make a great con artist." He slid out of my arms and off the bed.

I gave him a questioning look only to be answered in the form of another body taking Sal's place.

Sal smiled and started turned his back on me and started making his way out of my shooting range.

He paused and turned back around. "Oh and Liv? To answer your question. "I'll do more than catch the bastard." His voice held a fatherly tone, but held a certain air of threat and malice behind it.