Cruel Intentions- Ch. 36 pt.2 Miniscule! sorry o_O

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX PART 2

The loud echo of shots being fired were ringing in my ears. A sound I was used to, but the little body that was shaking underneath me and crying had never been exposed to such violence and in response to the gunfire, little Diego cried, “Liv, I'm scared.”

“You're okay. I wont let anything happen to you, I promise.” I whispered in his ear as I continued to use my body as a shield over his.

He nodded his head quickly and wrapped his arms tightly around my neck. Using one arm to support my body so I wasn’t completely crushing the little boy and using the other one to grasp the back of his head so he was entirely cocooned, I closed my eyes as a particularly close shot rang through my ears, tightening my own hold on little Diego just as I heard glass shattering, raining tiny, sharp daggers over my body instead of his, as well as trying to use my hair as a curtain around his small, but plump with baby fat face.

My mind working double time, thinking of any possible route I could take to ensure Diego made it out unscathed. “Come on, think Liv, think!”

I squeezed my eyes shut harder then before as I watched flashes of images run through my memory of details, specifically about the layout of the bank.

**

“Move back to the group.” That same bothersome, heavily accented Spanish voice commanded from behind me.

I waved my hand in a 'piss off' gesture and continued talking to this little boy who could compete with top comedians such as Tina Fey with his quick wit.

“What did the teacher say when, Jake? couldn’t get up from his seat?” I asked with interest, listening to the little boys latest prank on the class bully's. He definitely will be staring in the class clown category in all the years to come in his class superlatives.

He started giggling sinisterly as he bit his lip, the excitement was just about glowing from his large green orbs, staring up at me with mischief.

“She scoldsded him for trying to be a... I think she said the words, ahhh, it's too hard to say en Inglés.” he said, his eyebrows squinting together in frustration, his entire expression changed from excitement to anger as he couldn’t come up with the English words.

“Just try your best.” I nodded, still leaning forward to show my interest.