Chapter 9 - Airport

I'm on the plane now, gotta turn off my phone

I'm on the plane now, gotta turn off my phone. See you in about 2 hours!! :)

-

When the plane had finally landed and Lando was waiting for his luggage, he turned the airplane mode on his phone off again, just to receive a voice message from Arthur a few seconds later.

"I'm so sorry, I can't pick you up from the airport, someone just crashed into my car. Everything's okay, nothing serious! But we have to wait for the police to get here and settle everything, that will probably take some time. So I sent Charles to pick you up. This is not at all how I planned this, I am so so sorry! He's going to be waiting for you at entrance D4. Please don't be mad at me now."

Lando could hear the stress in Arthur's voice immediately. His accent was stronger than ever, he was stumbling over his words and seemingly out of breath at the end, having blurted all of this information out so quickly.

He had assured that everything was okay, but Lando was still a little worried and even felt guilty now. After all Arthur had been in an accident because he had been on his way to pick him up.

you don't need to apologize, don't worry! I'm glad you're okay, everything else doesn't matter.
don't worry about me and take your time settling all of that <3
I got this!

And with this he grabbed his suitcase and strode off towards entrance D4, trying to ignore how sweaty the palms of his hands were getting and how wobbly his knees suddenly felt.

"Hey Charles, what's up?" he tried to sound as casual as possible when he walked up to the Ferrari-driver standing next to the doors.
"Oh, hi Lando! I'm picking up my brother's boyfriend, what are you doing here?"

Lando chuckled, a blush creeping up his face at these words. "Well, being picked up by you apparently."

He held his breath, almost anticipating a negative reaction from Charles.

"Oh yeah sure, I can give you a ride as well. We're just going to have to wait for this mysterious guy that my brother is so madly in love with. The only thing I know is that he's british, brunette and not very tall apparently. No idea how I'm supposed to find him with this little information but Arthur said he will find me, so I just have to wait here, I guess." Charles shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh my god are you fucking serious right now?" Lando suddenly couldn't keep a straight face anymore.

"What? Why?" The Monegasque's confused face now made him completely lose all of his fear. This was typical Charles being absolutely oblivious and it made him remember that Charles wasn't only Arthur's older brother, but also one of his best friends. He didn't have to be nervous because of Charles, that was ridiculous.

"There's no other guy coming, Charles. This small, brunette, british guy has already found you." he gestured towards himself.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Charles furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and looked at him for a moment before his face suddenly lit up and his eyes widened. "Oooooh!"

For a short moment a tiny bit of fear was back in Lando's body. What if Charles wouldn't want to be his friend anymore now? What if he didn't want him to stay with Arthur after all?

Lando almost flinched when Charles took a step towards him. Would he punch him for flirting with his little brother now?

But then the older Leclerc brother's arms wrapped around his shoulders and he hugged him tightly.

"Oh my god, if that idiot would have just told me it's you, I wouldn't have wasted so much time preparing my 'If you break my little brother's heart, I will break your bones'-speech." Charles now grinned at Lando, who managed to smile back shyly, still trying to process this positive reaction.

"Now come on loverboy, you don't want to keep him waiting, do you?" the older one smirked before they made their way outside.

-

- Messages between Max & Charles -

Look who I just found at the airport!

What's Lando doing there?I thought you were picking up Arthur's new boyfriend?OMG waitI FUCKING KNEW IT

I thought you were picking up Arthur's new boyfriend?
OMG wait
I FUCKING KNEW IT

What do you mean you knew it?
Why did you not tell me, if you knew about them??
Why is everyone keeping this from me??

No babe, I didn't really know
I just noticed how well they got along in one of your streams and thought they'd be cute together
I thought that was just some stupid fantasy in my head, I didn't know it's actually true

Aw you watch my streams? That's adorable Maxy <3
But that does not make me ignore that you have fantasies about my little brother, we'll talk about that later!

Babe, you know I didn't mean it like that!

Oh okay, so you don't want me to show you exactly who you belong to tonight?

Oh God Charles you're such a fucking tease
But yes, then maybe I did mean it like that

That's what I thought :)

---

It's finally happeniiiiing! I'm so excited about my two babies meeting so soon you wouldn't believe it!

I hope you're excited as well :)

xx