Chapter 18 - Thanks

"You know, a few months or even weeks ago, I never would have thought that you'd be here in my room, let alone lying in my bed like this and I'd be able to actually call you my boyfriend."

Lando, who was lying in Arthur's bed shirtless and with a big hickey on his neck, blushed and tried to move away to hide his face in the pillow but Arthur pulled him back to his chest with a grin. "And I never would have thought I could just do this.", he added and placed a soft kiss on the Brit's forehead.

"When I accidentally came out to you via text message, I was so incredibly scared! I thought I might as well just jump off a bridge. But you made me feel so safe and for the first time I felt like someone actually got me. I feel like you understand me and my feelings more than I do myself, sometimes. You helped me accept myself the way I am. So I guess, I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for everything, I don't think I could have done all of this without you. Merci, mon coeur." Arthur was smiling but there were tears shining in his eyes now.

"Arthur." Lando whispered, slightly overwhelmed by this confession.
"J'adore quand tu dis mon nom." The monegasque mumbled and softly kissed Lando's cheek.

"I have no idea what that means but I love it when you speak French."
This made Arthur grin. "Hey, what happened to our plan of me teaching you French? We never continued doing that!"

"Because we were too busy falling in love.", Lando smiled and blushed again but didn't try to hide it this time.
"I guess that's the reason, yeah." Arthur's grin turned into a loving smile, before he placed his hands, who had been wandering up and down Lando's bare chest to leave goosebumps all over during his little speech before, in his boyfriend's neck to pull him into a kiss.

"And what happened to our game of questions? We never continued playing that either." Lando suddenly remembered.
Arthur grinned. "Well, ask away then."

"I think I'm gonna steal one of your old questions. How does kissing a boy feel? Did you find that out yourself now?"
This time it was Arthur's turn to blush and Lando immediately felt like he might swoon any second at that view.

"Indeed, I did. And it makes me feel like the happiest person on earth. Like I never want to stop doing it ever again."

"Then don't stop." Lando giggled, before their lips met once again.

---

I don't speak French so if any of this is wrong: blame Google and feel free to correct me :)

Also, just as a little warning so you won't be shocked: There aren't many chapters left, this story is slowly but surely coming to its end.

xx