Chapter 21 - Goodbye

When Lando's alarm sounded the next morning, he wanted to curse the entire world. 4:30 AM was far too early for him to be awake already.

"Éteins-le!" he heard a sleepy voice mumble beside him. Lando quickly turned around to press the snooze button on his phone, when his sleep-deprived brain realized why he was woken up so early in the morning.
He had to catch his flight back home to England today.

Arthur next to him must have woken up enough to remember this too now because he quickly wrapped his arms around the small Brit and pulled him close to his chest.

"I don't think I'll be able to let you go, little spoon.", he whispered in his ear, voice still a little raspy from sleep. "Same, I wish I could just take you with me.", Lando whined before burying his nose in Arthur's neck to take in the scent that had gotten so familiar and comforting to him during the last few days.

They lay there for a little while, enjoying each other's presence, stealing soft kisses from time to time and drifting off to sleep again before the beeping sound of Lando's phone startled them once more.

With another deep sigh, Lando freed himself from Arthur's arms, who murmured words of disapproval, turned the alarm fully off this time and got up.

-

"Are you sure you've got everything? All your clothes? Your passport?" Arthur asked for the third time, rushing and looking around his room again. "Yes, stop worrying. I have more stuff in this bag than when I came here.", Lando chuckled.

"I have to worry about it because that distracts me. Otherwise, I might start crying.", Arthur whispered and pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug again. "Oh god, please don't or I'll cry too! It's not that long until we see each other again. Only two months, baby. We can handle that."

Lando put his right hand into Arthur's neck to pull him into another sweet kiss. He tried to save the feeling of Arthur's soft lips against his own deep inside his memory, so he wouldn't forget it while they were apart.

"I'll miss you every second of it.", the Monegasque mumbled against his lips, not willing to let go just yet. At those words, a small smile crept onto Lando's lips, while he quickly tried to blink the tears, that had formed in his eyes, away. "I'll text or call you every second of it."

"I should hope so, or else I'll send Charles after you.", the younger grinned half-heartedly before taking his hand and leading him downstairs and to the car so they could make it to the airport in time.

---

If my research is correct "Éteins-le!" means "Turn it off!"  -  If you speak French: please feel free to correct me if this is wrong because I have no idea. I have to trust the internet on that one :D

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it!