A Devil Of Hell

Aries Blackwood

I hold her in my arms all the way to the penthouse, unable to bear the separation, the feel of her skin against mine. I needed the reassurance that she was real and not just another mirage of her, created out of my desperation.

I dress her in one of my shirts after ripping that piece of fabric that carried the scent of the night. Of other males. And finally let go of her as I lay her down of the mattress.

I was rendered speechless as I finally have a look at the goddess that now lay before my eyes. An exact replica of her first form, with hair as dark as the night sky and maybe even those endless black hidden behind the now closed eyelids filled with thick lashes. But regardless the colour of her eyes, she was perfect, and she was mine.

Slowly reaching forward, I trace the lines of her face, her skin, soft and smooth under my hard knuckles and the zapping of currents gave me the thrills, the excitement of life, a reason to be alive. She was real and she was here. With me.

"Mine."

My hoarse whisper resonates through the silence of the night as I lay down with her and pull her in my arms. And as the beast finally finds its tranquillity.

I close my heavy eyes and finally fall deep into sleep that I had become foreign with over time. But now that both my mind and heart was at peace, I drift further and further into the pool of darkness that sleep bought. And I happily welcome it with a stretch of my lips, reaching for the ears.

Because I had her. So, I was not afraid of the sweet dreams it let me envision.

I hold her tighter as my conscious finally leaves me and I was in another time, another land with her by my side.

The morning sun hits my face harshly as does the reality when I wake up to an empty bed. Although her presence had long been gone, I still search throughout the empty rooms, the silent halls, in a false hope that she might be hiding from me, joking with me. But she was nowhere to be found.

Her scent lingered in the air. At least she really had been here with me.

I try to reassure the rampaging beast that was now raging havoc in me but to vain. Within an hour, I destroy the entire floor that had just been renovated. Broken glass and broken vase decorated the marble flooring with fresh pools of blood splattered across.

I sit defeated, my knuckles still dripping with thick red liquid from the fresh cuts. She had left me. She was gone.

Time ticks by and I sit even more hopeless. I had no clue as to where she could be nor her new identity, I was back to the beginning of my search. I close my eyes with my head rested back on the sofa as the image of her plays across my head and just like that my heavy eyes that was drowning with tear finally floods down my temples.

It all feels so real, the current passing through my body, her skin, soft and silky flushed against mine, as if she was actually in my arms, as if she was really here with me. But she was not.

She was not here.

The image of her slowly clouds with the black smoke, now taking over my eyes. The beast could not take it anymore. The loss of his mate another time. A rumble of thunder forms deep inside me as my breathing gets laboured. Just when I was about to lose it all, a pair of green eyes shines through the darkness, dissipating it completely.

I know those eyes. I knew them.

I scrape through my disarrayed memories and fly right across the floor as soon as I remember someone else through those eyes. I grab my phone and dial a number that I thought I had long erased, and pace back and forth, waiting for it to ring, and soon as it does, he answers it right away.