Forever Prisoned

I'm back!!
Sorry I haven't felt motivated to write these past weeks. But here I am refreshed and ready. Please be kind and do show some love and of course stay safe.
Love Mila ❤️

I couldn't breathe.

The iron grip of his on my waist only tighten as the moment pass. But the reason for my breathlessness was not because of his powerful hold, it was because of the shock I felt, the currents zapping me from every corner.

My whole body was lit in this invisible flame, burning me alive, but it only left me with a sweet pleasure instead of the heat, the burn. All my senses now only filled with him, the scent of the fresh mint.

Just how did he manage to find me?

"Mine..."

His voice sends shivers down my spine while his word holds me captive.

But the whisper that rumbles from him sounds so sad, so broken. It prickles my heart a little. "Please don't leave me again..."

But I don't know this man in whose arm I fall. So, I force this unwilling body and thoughts, and try to be free.

"Althea."

But just a whisper of my name makes me weak on my knees. My name coming out of him, soft but sad, gentle yet broken, pained but laced with love, it lays all these emotions which makes me want to hold-

He had called me by my name. My birth name. A name not many knew of.

Yet here he was whispering it as if imprinted on his lips, engraved in his soul. He lets out a deep growl. A warning in that growl.

But it sounds so strong, so possessive. And as something wet hits my skin, my heart stills and breaks a little more.

"Let her go."

A team of warrior comes barging through the broken door, pointing their weapons at him but instinctively I turn around with him, attempting to shield his huge muscular body with my slender one just as another growl escapes from him, not heeding to their demand. No, he seemed far from letting me go, it only tightens around me even more.

"I'm not asking again. Pull away from her." The guards inch closer, their gifts emitting further with their steps, their intention clear from the beginning. To get rid of the intruder. A possible threat.

But there was this, this rage building inside me. Their hostile behaviour towards this stranger in my arms made me all defensive, aggressive. A need to protect. An urge, a feeling so strong erupts from within.

"Back off."

I hear Circe from behind me. "He's with me."

But none take their eyes off him, their footsteps only inching closer. "But Miss, he broke through the front gate, we cannot-"

"Leave."

My voice booms over his, silencing him, dominating him. I turn my head slightly, the black in my eyes more prominent, forcing both their weapons and their head down in submission. Their gifts dissipating in thin air.

No more. I was not hearing anything. For their hostile behaviour threatened me more than it did the man in my arms.

"Dismissed."

With a deep but curt bow, they immediately empty the room, their presence not needed. Secretly inhaling him, I close my eyes and surprisingly this building fire instantly extinguishes itself, as if his scent poured an ocean over the just awakened flames. Hesitantly, I let go of my arms that had somehow managed to wrap around him, tightly, protectively and almost possessively.