Unforeseeable Future

We settled down on the house by the beach that dad owned. I knew they weren't going to let me go off far as they decided where I got to be. For now.

I sit on the edge of the pool on the balcony staring at the all-so familiar view of the wide blue ocean. I was across the world but the scenery in front of me remained the same. No matter where I was, it was the only thing that didn't change.

It had been a week but all I did was be caged inside these walls. Even though they tried to make it seem unnoticeable, but it was pretty obvious with my sight and hearing. I sigh at the thought. What were they even thinking?

Even though I wasn't blessed with a gift like all the true Lycans, all my senses were stronger than them. I was faster, stronger even, but I didn't bother correct anyone's judgement on me.

I didn't want to stand out even more. Already being born a royal without gift was enough to make me an outcast, I didn't need to change or confirm anyone's belief.

Let's just say I was born different. With a heart filled with darkness.

It scared me in the beginning of what I would one day be. But not anymore, I guess. Over the years I have learned to just accept it. All of me. It was a part of who I was, and I wasn't afraid. Or so I thought.

I learned to control it. Conceal it. Use it.

Maybe that was my gift.

Or maybe it was my curse.

But what kind of goddess mother gives their child darkness as a gift. Maybe I wasn't good. Maybe-

"We'll be going to a campus nearby from tomorrow onwards." Egan breaks me out of my wild thoughts with his bizarre idea.

"Say what again? We'll be what?" I turn around to look at him, narrowing my eyes, expecting to hear something different.

"What? You didn't just expect to sit around and do nothing for eternity, did you?" He shrugs his shoulder and sits on one of the lounge chairs while I jump across the pool to stand in front of him.

"Guess what? I have already admitted us three. It's going to be fun." He rubs his palms together while his face said he was up to no good.

"Say what again?" I put my hands on my hips and glare down at him. "Well you could have at least asked us first. And you do know that this place is swarmed with humans, right? And what else?"

But he doesn't get my point, he just shrugs and leans back with both his hands under his head and closes his eyes. "Well we are here now so might as well have some fun-"

"And you think you have enough control over your gift to not blow everyone off or even cause a tornado while you are having fun?"

He peels open an accusing eye at me. "And whose fault is it that I don't have enough control." I shake my head in disbelief and turn to head off to my room, away from him. "Be ready to leave at eight." He calls over my shoulder, but I continue walking. He was just insane.

That night I lay in bed and think about tomorrow. I have never been around a human or any other being apart from the Lycans. That too true Lycans only. So how does one act when surrounded by a crowd full of beings you had never encountered before? Was I ready for all this?

No. Definitely not.

But someday I had to go out there and learn to mingle with them. Right? 

One thing was for sure, no one. I mean no one was to know about us. What we were.

No matter how many times it happened in the past but being stared upon was not a feeling I was ever going to get used to. The humans including some werewolves were openly gawking at us. I almost stepped right back in as soon as I came out the car.

Although, I grew up in an environment where all I ever got was everyone's attention, I don't enjoy them. It makes me feel like I don't belong. Like I'm an outsider.

But I am though.

A fact that I can't deny. So, with my head held high, I walk into the building with my two brothers on either side of me.

The three of us were of course, assigned to the same classes and I hated to admit it, but it made me feel less uneasy having them two beside me. The classes bored me out. I have already learned everything from their histories to their sciences. Everything. And hearing the same thing over again was not pleasing right now, not when you had the eyes of the entire class on you.

"You were right. Shouldn't have come to this place. It's a nightmare." Egan mutters staring ahead while Alex nods, who looked about ready to run.

If I wasn't here who knows, he probably would have. Like me, he didn't like to be the centre of attention. But unlike me, he was always in the shadows. And no matter what, I always seemed to attract a crowd. Sometimes good and other times not so.

"Told you but you wanted to have fun. Well enjoy, I'm out of here as soon as this is over." I smirk still looking ahead.

"If you think you are leaving alone then you are so wrong." He leans closer to whisper in my ear, but his eyes still to the front.

"I thought you were having fun." I said innocently but my face said otherwise.

He grumbles inaudibly and leans back on his seat. "We are so going to hit the club tonight. You in?"

I know I have a big grin on my face, as I hear him chuckle softly. "Hell yeah."

"You coming along, Alex?" Egan looks over my back to Alex. "Of course, he will. 'wherever Zoe goes, I follow' right Alex." I answer for him.

"Right." He just smiles and nods at Egan who by now has a wide mischievous grin on his face.

Oh, no I don't like this, but I am excited. Egan was a devil, but I was no sane. I was all for it. While Alex was, save the day kind of a brother.

I don't know why but all of a sudden, this queasy feeling was starting to form in the pit of my belly. My heart beating in an irregular rhythm, but it never was normal to begin with.

Still, I had a feeling that something was definitely going to happen soon, and I was not going to like it. But what could it possibly be?

As the tightness in my heart starts to overpower my senses, I quickly push them away and seal it before the anticipation of the unknown future would once again cloud my heart with darkness.

So, I just sit in silence and wait for it all to be over, and the second the class ends, we get on our feet, marching right out of the building to the parking lot without giving it a second look. "Race you home."

"Hey that's cheating." I hear Egan yell as I jump in my black Bugatti and roar it to life and soon, I'm out of the campus area followed by the two black Mercedes.

I smile to myself as I zoom past the almost empty road, excitement bubbling inside me. Whatever it was, it could wait. I wasn't going to let the unforeseeable future get in the present that I was living in.

Well, at least trying to live in.

Sorry it's been a while. In the meantime, I will try uploading more chapters. Please do vote and comments ❤️