Sweet Melody Of Harmony (1)

Harmony

He looks at me, his eyes now soft, his hold delicate.

"She needs you." He whispers again. His voice now tender.

"The kingdom needs you."

Putting my hand on his chest, I exert a slight push as I shake my head while staring deep into his eyes. The land will no longer hold the stain of the name Artino and its sin. Let it all be gone with them and me.

"They had been victorious in the past and they will be this time around. They do not need me on their land."

I pull away, a small smile to my face as I take a step back but the tight hold of his hand on my shoulder and my face stops me. "If you think I'm letting you go, you are very wrong."

And just like that, the chains that hold my resolution together comes loose. I stand frozen as I look between his eyes, ice cold but they hold so much warmth in them.

"Cleo now." He shouts as he pulls me along with him, bringing me back into the now spinning world. He strides towards the golden light slowly forming, taking some kind of shape, a circle.

"What are you doing-"

But before I knew it, I was pulled into its inevitable darkness, my voice mute but my mouth wide open. I close my eyes and count the seconds as I let it all be anything but my imagination.

"Alex you are finally back." A woman's relieved voice makes me open my eyes.

But this all was very much true. I look around me, blinking as I take in my surrounding. In contrast to the wide-open ocean from a second ago, I now stood in the middle of the green woods. "Where am I?"

"The land of Blue Blood." The same woman answers.

I look at the familiar set of eyes, I had seen those emerald somewhere else. Her porcelain skin made the green stand out even more so as she stands beside this brightly lit golden circle like the one, we just stepped through. But only, it was bigger, wider and brighter, like it was meant to house an army, to carry the land itself along with it.

I take a step back, my eyes solely on the massive gap perched in the space before me. If my assumption was correct, it led home. A doorway to the past. To where it all began. Happiness, sadness, mirth, guilt, freedom, suffocation.

The birth and the death of all my feelings.

I take another step back but no further. The hand that was still within his grasp, locks my movement. It burns hot on my wrist as if his touch was labelling me, marking me as his. As if I belonged to him. And I finally tear my eyes off the golden circle and into his.

"Please." He pleads me with the soft golden lights flickering onto those brown orbs. And I would have done anything to see those eyes smile, to ease the hardness in them. But-

But I cannot go back.

I shake my head once as my eyes burns with the surging of the dead emotions, raw and fresh. "I cannot..."

Weak. My voice, weak. My resolve, weak.

"We need to hurry. We have no time to waste." The women speaks and I quickly divert my eyes elsewhere.

"Alex, we need to leave." I watch as his face morphs, forming thin lines across his forehead.

"Now." The wind blows her whisper, followed by its own.

"Alex?"

He squeezes my hand tightly, pulling me a little forward, his eyes never leaving mine.