Mate?

My heart decided that it was just a one-off thing. For the rest of the week, it remained calm. Just a soft constant beating. Almost inaudible. Too silent.

It made me anxious for it never really stayed calm for long.

So, I trained. I trained hard. Because I needed to prepare myself. I had to stay strong. I couldn't just lose control every time my heart ached.

No. I cannot be that girl that ran crying to their parents every time things became too hard to handle.

I knew I was stronger than that. And I will be just that. Powerful and strong.

I sigh as I think about the past week. I haven't returned to that dreadful place of learning that just seemed to suck the life out of me. Just the thought of it was enough to give me a headache.

But after a week of deep thinking, I have now decided that it was time to go back and be a part of that world. The world which held unimaginable possibilities. A diversed beings and not just Lycans.

It was time that I learned to live amongst them.

So, I dress myself in the simplest set of clothes that I had in my wardrobe, a high waist mom jean with a loose white t-shirt tucked in. And with a set of white trainers, I was as ready as I could be.

"I'm already dreading the days ahead." Egan breaths out loud just as I get off my car. I smile at him, shaking my head at his non-stop bickering which had been going on since the morning. Something was definitely making him anxious.

"Well, you choose this." I start walking towards the building.

"Yeah and it was the biggest mistake of my life." I chuckle along with Alex while he just grumbles, annoyed. A little too sensitive?

I guess he wasn't looking forward to ever returning after that torturous one class we got to witness. He was absolutely livid when I told him that we were coming back here. The look on his face was priceless. I laugh a little harder as I think of it but that only seems to earn more stares our way. So, I seal my lips shut and enter through the glass door for yet another gloomy day ahead.

But as soon as the door opens, Egan comes to a complete stop. Paralysed by whatever it was. I pause to look his way as he inhales lungful of breaths and I do the same, suddenly wary of our surrounding. What was it?

I silently inhale the air and try to pinpoint signs of danger. A trace in the air. Just a hint of threat. But I get nothing.

I turn to Alex as he too stands alert, his eye scanning the moving crowd. But I know that there was no potential threat and judging by the puzzled look of Alex, I knew he thought the same.

So, what was triggering Egan?

"Egan?" I call him out, low and clam, my voice not for the human ears.

But it doesn't bring him back from whatever trance he was in. It was like he was hypnotised completely. Like a metal being pulled by a magnet, he moves towards the opposite direction of where we should be heading.

Those blue eyes of his were turning a shade darker, and his expression a lot harder. As confusion takes its toll on me, I look at Alex for some clarification but shake my head as I see his equally clueless face. So, we had no choice but to follow him.

And whatever it was, we will soon know.

But the further we got, the longer and faster his strides became. If it wasn't for the humans still around, we would have already arrived.

His footsteps halts right in-front of the wooden double door. A classroom. Scrunching my brows, I take another lungful of air for the faintest scent of other Lycans or any other beings. A sign of danger.