A World With No One

Harmony

Day. Night.

One after the other. A continuous cycle of life.

I cannot remember when I stopped counting. Time waits for no one. Time heals no one. And with time comes centuries of loneliness. The kind of loneliness that makes you wonder what you are living for.

I guess I was tired of living now.

Waking up every morning to the same blue sky, life became dull. The once starry nights became just dark, ordinary, empty. Even the brightest of the stars invisible. The moon just another dot amidst that vast empty sky. All alone. All by itself.

Somehow just like me.

But somewhere deep within, I hoped for a miracle. For a falling star to make my impossible wish come true. To send me just a little fragment of life. Something to hang on. Something to hold on. Something. Anything.

A century became two and I stopped wishing.

I now know that there was no deity above. The heaven above was just a place in name only. But even if it did exist, its iron door sealed and locked away. At least to me. No one that hears nor sees me.

I swirl the half-filled glass with whisky as the loud music roars in my ears. It was too loud for my liking. But I had decided to give him a visit after hearing of his ongoing quest in search for someone.

But could he have not chosen a better place to be in? And what was taking them so long to relay my message? A simple request for a visit from a long-time friend.

I have been patiently waiting for a while now. And the longer he took, the more I was tempted to just leave. But I held on because he had been the only companion of mine through my long hard decades. For those times sake, I decided to wait a little longer.

But in all honesty, I should have never come here.

"Four shots."

A waft of something familiar invades my senses and I know that right then, I should have listened to my inner self and turned the other way around, run far from here, miles away. But there was just something in that voice, the air she carried around, that scent that compelled me to do nothing but the opposite, to remain seated, to turn around, to have a look.

Just a glimpse. But what I see makes me glued to my seat, my breath knocked out of me.

For I see a goddess before my very eyes.

Tall, slender but built, with curves beautifully executed in that skin-tight dress, sleek black curtains swinging behind her as she moves her head around. She was breath-takingly alluring. Dark but startlingly pure.

My centuries of vocabulary were not enough to describe the dark goddess that stands before me.

She had this presence that demanded dominance. A power to make anyone fall onto their knees and bow down. Although suppressed, it was enough for me to recognize that unyielding aura. She herself was a true, a pure Lycan.

But something much more powerful than that.

When she turns around, gracing me to view that perfectly craved face up close, I become mesmerised, my chapped lips part but no breath escapes through the gap. Dark arched brows with round black pool hiding some kind of truth in them, that could look right through your soul or suck you right into hers, she was a masterpiece created of affection, a god's beloved possession.

It takes me a second, but I somehow compose myself and turn around on my seat while sealing my wide-open mouth shut tight. She caught me off-guard. If it was anyone else, I would have been out of here before they could even get a whiff of me and would have travelled hundreds of miles away.